Thread: Tea Leaves

Default Tea Leaves

I trying to get tea leaves as a gift for a friend, I was wondering if any of you guys know of place where they sell tea leaves. Thinking of getting the Plantinum-Tip White Tea, know of any shop selling it?

Thanks

Default Re: Tea Leaves

you can try the Yuehua, i think...the one at chinatown next to the old Majestic cinema
    last time i was there, got quite a selection of tea leaves

there're plenty of tea-leaf shops at chinatown Hong Lim (ie. next to chinatown point). go take a look-see.

there are many types of teas available; they differ from each other due to the type of treatment they undergo after being plucked.

Unless your friend is a connoiseur, I suggest it is more practical to buy him a tea set, those under-a-$100 sets that include teapots to teacups to the chahai, which is the Chinese traditional serving pot. Those even have stuff like stirrer, tea-spoon (literally).

Anyway, good idea to give tealeaves. Fresh, invigorating, original. =)

Douglas

Thanks for the replies... i think i will go down to chinatown and have a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by doug3fflux
    there are many types of teas available; they differ from each other due to the type of treatment they undergo after being plucked.

Unless your friend is a connoiseur, I suggest it is more practical to buy him a tea set, those under-a-$100 sets that include teapots to teacups to the chahai, which is the Chinese traditional serving pot. Those even have stuff like stirrer, tea-spoon (literally).

Anyway, good idea to give tealeaves. Fresh, invigorating, original. =)

Douglas
    My friend have had a tea set, so that's why i decided to get tea leaves, no point giving him another set.

yup chinatowns the place to go.

There is a shop along tanjong pagar road nearer to the Maxwell end. It is next to a couple of Korean restaurants. Sorry, but I do not recall the name of the shop.

edit: did a google search and got this

There are a few places in Chinatown where tea is still as important today as it has always been in Chinese culture. The Tea Chapter, 11A Neil Rd. (tel. 65/6226-1175), and Yixing Xuan, 30-32 Tanjong Pagar Rd. (tel. 65/6224-6961), offer tranquil respites from the day and cultural insight into Chinese tea appreciation.

from Frommer's

yixingxuan-teahouse/