Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

Default Re: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    ok, point taken. but this is a'lil too strong to digest in S'pore. i think some members will be quick to draw referendum to certain figures in our land.

can delete?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Dear all,
    Not to forget that Strait Times Editor(Her name? I forgot ) for bringing up all NKF's dark secrets & put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Dear all,
    Not to forget that Strait Times Editor(Her name? I forgot ) for bringing up all NKF's dark secrets & put a stop to it.
    It's Susan Long

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean
    It's Susan Long
    Thanks.

I thought that it was sort of disturbing that the scandal went unnoticed for so long actually. Even before this year, there was already voices of dissent among people over some of the practices and policies at NKF. Like the slight controversy over the construction of the new building at Kim Keat Rd, but somehow it never got loud enough. Even among my peers, I know of people who was applying for jobs at NKF cos they had heard of the perks and pay packages there. Even for the people already itself, I'm sure that they would have felt that something was wrong in the management somewhere if some of their colleague got amazing promotions and pay raises. But yet, there wasn't any whistle-blower in the organisation. Could it be that everyone remained hush-hush inside there because they were hoping that they might get the same perks themselves? If that's true, then really, shame on these employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember
    singapore has a damm whole bunch of stupid laws, why isn't there a single law to arrest durain for corruption or stealing? why isn't anything being confisicated from him? so what if there is one million pages of report? after this saga, he can still happily proceed to switzerland to retire.
    the laws are there, but is there proof of Durian stealing n corruption till now???(yet to know la...investigation still going on...slowly...don kan jiong)

is it a crime if yr boss choose to give u a monthly increment of $1000??? well, xmas is around the corner, take another $5k for shopping expenses, oh yes new year is just 1 week more, take $10k la....alamak, CNY coming soon too, need to pao ang pow, aiyah...save the trouble....take S$50k la.

so we only can blame ourself for not working for durian during his term... wasted opportunity.

if i had worked for Durian, then i would have given u a DSLR camera and trinity lens for Xmas liao

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    but in hongkong the charities will not beg you to donate and lure you with LUCKY DRAW prizes....and hongkonger still donate, US$3.85million in just one concert, who is more efficient in comparison?

http://www.newsgd.com/prdcorner/hkma...0501100028.htm
    My apology for not being clearer.

I was referring to the concept of charity fund raising shows and making the artiste to do stunts to generate donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    i guess durai just exploit the greediness of Singaporean to make them open their wallet.
    I am glad that REN CI hospital has started the lead to do TV charity fund raising without lucky draw as bait. I have been consolidating my $$ and donating to them after being disgusted by NKF.

However, considering that only about 30% of the funds raised will go into charity while the rest go into production cost, I think I will send them a check directly instead of calling up during the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    I thought that it was sort of disturbing that the scandal went unnoticed for so long actually. ......
    well, what makes you think only NKF is like that??

I wonder if taxes have been paid, especially the backdated increment. If so, shouldn't that ring some warning bells? Or is charity exempted from taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    however, from hr practices of private sector in this regard, 'unlimited' or 'unconditional' encashment of leave is rare or unheard of. usually, there would be a cap on the quantum of unconsumed leave which may be carried over from one year to another.

encashment of leave whilst the employee concerned is still in service of the cos is quite common when the employee may be involved in work where he may not be allowed to consume leave, then the employer may consider encashment of some leave or allow the consumption of leave to be deferred to a later date.
    MOM stipulates that leave can only be carried forward 1 year. Assuming she did not clear leave for 2yrs and she (Matilda Chua) encashed 151 days work of leave. Does that mean that her annual leave entitlement is 75.5 days!???
    Last edited by digitalbuff; 21st December 2005 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    well, what makes you think only NKF is like that??
    u wont know anything cause everything is covered up sweetly

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    ahhh... that's the classic one-liner and we should all sweep it under the carpet and raise a toast to the heavens!

it's Christmas and let's MOVE ON!
    And more good years ahead

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Actually one can't blame Durai. In fact I take him as an idol, one to be admired and respected! And I propose we have him as a role model for all management students especially those majoring in Charity Organization Management.

Put it this way, how does one managed to hookwink the Health Ministry for 4 years and when accused, brillantly counter accuses the accuser of attacking his Intergrity! Brillant counter move I must say!

I also cannot help but lay praises on how he managed to offer to take a lower pay but end up getting more than what he askes for! Superb negoiation skills!

And how he came up with the idea of having charity fund raising shows with mega prizes to attract Greedy Singaporeans to call and donate in hope of winning a prize.... What a fantastic idea!! And dont forget getting artistes and patients to look as pitiful as possible to garner more funds.

And one must not forget how ex aides and board of directors are also owners of companies that supply to NKF and in turn account for unrecoverable funds....

One cannot stop praising Durai and the entire NKF Board.... we should be ashame of ourselves for wanting dead such a great man! In fact he should be nominated for a prize and public service medal! LONG LIVE DURAI! THE GREATEST CHARITY WORKER IN SINGAPORE
    I start the ball rolling....NOMINATIONS BEGIN

Durai - Entrepreneur of the year 2006 (Singapore Business Federation, Business Times)
    Matilda Chua - Employee of the year 2006 (Singapore HR Institute)

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    I thought that it was sort of disturbing that the scandal went unnoticed for so long actually.
    I thought how it could have missed the surveillience of MOH when it was brought to their attention TWICE on the dodgey practice!!

Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher
    so open yr eyes big...lookout for such organisations...go join them...n benefit from it

Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher
    don gets so pissed off...it is time for us to "move on" and review our cherry-ty fund and put it as our forum server fund....!!! just realized our server is getting slower again with all sort of these stories flying in....with 6xx k, we can buy how many terabyte enterprise servers with "PoWERFool" storage....even we can host expensive DnD for our forum annual conference...

sound good to folks??
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    ok, point taken. but this is a'lil too strong to digest in S'pore. i think some members will be quick to draw referendum to certain figures in our land.

can delete?

can..

tell me which part or which message # to delete

On a slightly off-topic note, just want to add on to what Wai mentioned about charity shows just now.

Recently, I heard this conversation between aunties on the street....
    "Aiyoh, artistes in other countries can act, cut albums, dance, model and host shows. What
    can our Mediacorps artistes do? They spend so much time practising for the stunts at charity shows of course cannot do anything else lah. No wonder the tv shows all so without contents one."

"If they can do stunts, we should be filming more kungfu dramas instead lah. If they can learn how to perform better, dun need to do stunts also can get donations one lah."

The more I think about it the more I feel like saying this again:

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang
    The more I think about it the more I feel like saying this again:

buddy..drink some liang-teh first....arsonism ..bang-hueh is a crime in sgapore...just curse durain upside down until he can not bangsai---bangliuh---can not make love...i think is enuff la....don be so mean mah...diok boh??!!
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast