Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

Default Re: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Actually quite heng that I did not study hard enuff to be a politician. Otherwise I think a lot of ppl will suffer.

I was thinking along the lines of banishment + family property confiscation. Or even better...

Massacre his entire family lineage (and all those involved) + Family property confiscation.

But this is not Imperial China & I'm not the Emperor.... unfortunately.
    u will be my favorite judge ... what about castration???

hmm do you think NKF saga has delayed the upcoming election ? think *** will want to settle it once and for all ; it is like a big worm crawling around *** neck, eating away the foundation of trusts and reputations it has build over the years ...

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang

haha couldn't resist borrowing this image from a post in HWZ. :P
    dun want to burn my hard earned money in financing his renovation ... i wish i can get some money back

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Massacre his entire family lineage (and all those involved) + Family property confiscation. But this is not Imperial China & I'm not the Emperor.... unfortunately.
    JSBN,
    suggest delete this which may be extreme. Don't give people an excuse to KO this thread.

Oh, in various coffee shops, internet discussion forums this is hot topic.
    Powerful people are now distancing themselves from the issue.

quote from mediacorp internet article:
    It took 40 professionals 10,000 man hours and five months to piece together the story of what was going on at NKF.
    Anyway, these observations after 5 months of audit are namby pamby.
    Like in, "naughty, naughty, please do not do again" Penalty - light slap on wrist and a 2 minute ethics lecture. It seems an auditor can scope himself to severely limit the check such that there are other questions he does not want to ask, things he does not want to know, as it is "out of scope".

quote from mediacorp internet article:
    As for any criminal liability, bodies like the Commercial Affairs Department and Inland Revenue Authority are still carrying out investigations.
    that's more like it....
    Last edited by ricohflex; 20th December 2005 at 12:24 PM.

No, just the release of the findings from KPMG, and it's a big news issue with the public...read the article. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    $0.10 for every $1.00
    Unacceptable. I remember all those NKF ads where we have patients pleading for donations. I guess they were pleading for the enrichment of Durai's (and those other parties) pockets.

The public trust has been broken. and the culprits should face the full extent of the law.

Has a 10day increment in leave, backdated the increment for the last 7 years and converted the additional 70days of leave into cash (>$70k)?? What kinda nonsense is this?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanxp
    hmm do you think NKF saga has delayed the upcoming election ? think *** will want to settle it once and for all ; it is like a big worm crawling around *** neck, eating away the foundation of trusts and reputations it has build over the years ...
    Actually, it is exactly the reverse.

He scores very high marks politically by cleaning out the case.
    It shows he is good, efficient and clean.
    And therefore he is much better than the previous office holder (under whose watch all these happened). It is not lost on all in Singapore that someone's dearest was also the staunch supporter and who made a serious peanut slip-of-the-tongue when commenting to reporters. I believe she was truly innocent and just made use of by some unkind people from the charity, in her naivette.

It will earn *** a distinction in political support from the masses to deal with this case.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 20th December 2005 at 11:55 AM.

KPMG's report..
    Should anyone be free to read it... 300++ pages.

i just want my $$$ back

and i will donate to another charity.

I WANT MY $$$ BACK NKF JUST ANOTHER PACK OF USELESS LIES
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Come what may, there are still people in need of treatment. Lets not harden our hearts to their needs. Consider http://www.kdf.org.sg/ as an alternative.

No hanky panky and no branching into cancer foundtions, no 10cents per dollar deal.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    Come what may, there are still people in need of treatment. Lets not harden our hearts to their needs. Consider http://www.kdf.org.sg/ as an alternative.

No hanky panky and no branching into cancer foundtions, no 10cents per dollar deal.
    kdf should be where my $$$ goes..........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

its very sad to see that so many people have to suffer because of a few ppl's greed.

i hope they are punished and kidney patients be given a new lease of help.

is it actually allowed? i mean... to cash in the unused leave? i've only heard of pple doing that when they are leaving a company for good. never thought you can actually exchange it for cash while you are still in company. can someone advise on this? is there any regulations that allow this?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki
    is it actually allowed? i mean... to cash in the unused leave? i've only heard of pple doing that when they are leaving a company for good. never thought you can actually exchange it for cash while you are still in company. can someone advise on this? is there any regulations that allow this?
    Quote from the papers: "Power was centred ard 1 man and was exercised in an ad hoc manner."

So that's mean he can lay down his own rules ma

absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Lightbulb Re: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

firstly, tt durai's position would exclude him from coming under the employment act. secondly, if his employment contract with nkf allows him to encash unconsumed leaves, then, it seems ok. however, from hr practices of private sector in this regard, 'unlimited' or 'unconditional' encashment of leave is rare or unheard of. usually, there would be a cap on the quantum of unconsumed leave which may be carried over from one year to another.

encashment of leave whilst the employee concerned is still in service of the cos is quite common when the employee may be involved in work where he may not be allowed to consume leave, then the employer may consider encashment of some leave or allow the consumption of leave to be deferred to a later date.

that's is why nkf's hr's practices are questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki
    Last edited by reachme2003; 20th December 2005 at 03:48 PM.

question is: why backdate the leave entitlement back 7 years??

thanks reachme2003 for the info. looks like encashing unconsumed leaves is not against any regulation as long as the contract/agreement for tt durai do not state anything against it.

if that's the case, the complication for this whole issue is due to the fact that whatever salary or bonuses NKF pay out is not against any law, it's juz not a normal practice and can at most be placed under a case of "misconduct"?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    think poor TT durian will be made the scapegoat
    the report seems to point everything to him
    how can you claim TT durian is made a "scapegoat"? he's the whole god-damn-farm all role into one! BoD transfer authority to the Exco, Exco transfer authority to durian. so at the end he's god/master of nkf universe! he alone decide who gets what and how much! geez!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast