Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Thread: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

Default Re: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean
    He thought he can win the 3rd time ma

Never underestimate the power of press
    The press has the responsibility of reporting facts. They won't take such risk and be exposed for libel suits if they don't have concrete evidence to cover themselves well!

Being taken to court is just part of the progression in this saga.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I know my blood would boil upon reading that. Even the full 300+ page report frm KPMG. So I did not even bother to check out the link.

I'd stopped supporting them since the original email circulated in 1998. And to my shock (with some recall), the aeromodelling instructor dat was sued by Durai was my former aeromodelling instructor 10yrs ago. I remember him as a pretty nice and paitent chap who had to cope with a guy that can't draw a straight line even with a ruler.
    feeling very sorry about ur instructor...do offer some comfort from my behalf...too bad such person often think they are some -BODI and start bully weakess people around...

sut here and there..sut anyone that trying to challenge them....i feel so cool after i see SPH done such a great work for our community...SPH worth me to support more.

no wonder ur blood is boiling.
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

My blood boiled not only abt the mismanagement. It also underwent double-boiling when Davinder Singh, in the court session, asked Durai if he would consider a refund to the 2 parties that he had sued earlier for an undisclosed amount of money (that was settled out of court), Durai brazenly said, "No he won't."
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    one does not necessarily need a passport to leave a country.
    ok, it makes it harder for him to leave. he would have to sneak past the checkpoint, like took leng how.

Quote Originally Posted by alba
    Reminds me of a similar case years ago in Thailand.

The friction was between General Chavalit and the then PM (can't remember his name, think it's the one before Thaksin).

It was shown on TV that both of them knelt down before the king who stepped in to stop the escalating tension.
    After Chavalit, the next Thai PM is Khun Chuan, then the next is Thaksin.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Should say that T.T Durai cause for his own downfall
    Sorry for being OT again.

He reminds me of Glenn Knight, the ex-director of CPIB who's jailed for corruption. Broke and broken in the twilight years...

My blood boiled not only abt the mismanagement. It also underwent double-boiling when Davinder Singh, in the court session, asked Durai if he would consider a refund to the 2 parties that he had sued earlier for an undisclosed amount of money (that was settled out of court), Durai brazenly said, "No he won't."
    may DURAIN lost his law suit tis time....then he has to puke out all the money in 100 times than he sucked...

we shall buy a bag of popcorn, sit back and watch how he stumble..!!
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

Lightbulb Re: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

back to the suit against 2 parties which tt durai won. i am wondering if the judge concerned can do something to 'reverse' the judgement made and ordered that refund be made. are there such options available? it seems that what the parties mouthed off about tt durai was 'factual' or fair comment.

back to the suit against 2 parties which tt durai won. i am wondering if the judge concerned can do something to 'reverse' the judgement made and ordered that refund be made. are there such options available? it seems that what the parties mouthed off about tt durai was 'factual' or fair comment.
    if there is justice in this world, then the refund should be made.

but I don't think there's any justice in this world, and there would be no refund or even apology from anyone lor.

Lightbulb Re: OMG! nkf issues refreshed.

you are entitled to your view.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang

but I don't think there's any justice in this world, and there would be no refund or even apology from anyone lor.

i don't see why the judgement can't be reversed. after all, even prisoners who have been wrongly convicted have had their jail sentences quashed when new evidence surfaced that proved they were innocent.

in this case, the new evidence which has surfaced during TTD vs SPH proves that what the 2 parties said about TTD before was fair comment.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang

there is always justice in the next world.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    i don't see why the judgement can't be reversed. after all, even prisoners who have been wrongly convicted have had their jail sentences quashed when new evidence surfaced that proved they were innocent.

in this case, the new evidence which has surfaced during TTD vs SPH proves that what the 2 parties said about TTD before was fair comment.
    It was settled out of court?? If so... then maybe not....

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    It was settled out of court?? If so... then maybe not....
    settled out of court with the 2 parties paying damages to TTD.

they may now wish to recover those damages paid to TTD.

let right be done.

vince123123
    Guests

There's really very limited options the "two parties" have as they had concluded a settlement out of court with TTD. What cause of action would you say they have to be entitled to "recover those damages"?

settled out of court with the 2 parties paying damages to TTD.

they may now wish to recover those damages paid to TTD.

let right be done.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    There's really very limited options the "two parties" have as they had concluded a settlement out of court with TTD. What cause of action would you say they have to be entitled to "recover those damages"?
    they can start by setting the record straight and retracting their public apologies, and reiterating that TTD flew first class on SIA and used NKF funds which were meant for kidney patients.
    Last edited by zaren; 21st December 2005 at 05:41 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Do you think there is anything tangible that they will gain from doing this? After all, all these have already been said on the newspapers and they'd just be "parroting" whatever that was said.

And I thought we were talking about "entitlement to recover those damages"?

they can start by setting the record straight and retracting their public apologies, and reiterating that TTD flew first class on SIA and used NKF funds which were meant for kidney patients.

Do you think there is anything tangible that they will gain from doing this? After all, all these have already been said on the newspapers and they'd just be "parroting" whatever that was said.

no, they would also be garnering public support for their unfair treatment.
    Last edited by zaren; 21st December 2005 at 05:46 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

And wasn't that also reported in the papers already?

no, they would also be garnering public support for their unfair treatment.

it may be possible for them to lodge an appeal to the supreme court to have the settlement rescinded, based on the misrepresentation of facts by TTD in coming to a settlement in the first place.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast