Thread: Protecting Camera from Moisture overseas

Default Protecting Camera from Moisture overseas

Hi guys, I'll be goin to cameroon highlands for a shooting trip this christmas.I heard that the air there is very moist and this might affect my lenses.Is there anyway to keep the camera and lenses dry during the trip besides drybox?I have thought of putting silica gel into my bag to keep the idsides dry too..is it feasible?Or do I even need to take all these measures at all?Thanks

Default Re: Protecting Camera from Moisture overseas

Not necessary. You're only gonna be there a few days. Just keep you camera and lenses away from water and you'll be fine. Moisture in the air won't affect unless you place you camera over a steaming hot spring or something to that effect, and allowing water to condense on the electronics.

I think the best choice is silica gel in your camera bag. When I was in Australia for 12 days, I didn't do anything special... but then humidity there is perfect for cameras.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

put some silica gel into a flim canister and make some hole on the cover put your camera, lense and the flim canister into a ZIP LOCK bag and seal it when your camera is not using that wat I learn someone in this forum and this will solve all your worried.

gee... Singapore is just as wet... ^^

No, Sigapore is more hot and wet/humiud...

edit: - just relax, go and enjoy yourself with plenty of photographs to show everyone here. Clean/wipe when you feel your lens is getting wet/dirty.

The camera is an equipment that has passed many tests before it is launched/sold to consumer, else the reputation of the manufacturer suffers...
    Last edited by blive; 19th December 2005 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt11137
    put some silica gel into a flim canister and make some hole on the cover put your camera, lense and the flim canister into a ZIP LOCK bag and seal it when your camera is not using that wat I learn someone in this forum and this will solve all your worried.
    tried that, the silica wont last you a day. A few days is fine for the camera. Just remember to properly store it when you are back home.

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Hi guys, I'll be goin to cameroon highlands for a shooting trip this christmas.I heard that the air there is very moist and this might affect my lenses.Is there anyway to keep the camera and lenses dry during the trip besides drybox?I have thought of putting silica gel into my bag to keep the idsides dry too..is it feasible?Or do I even need to take all these measures at all?Thanks
    I just came back from there last month. Weather there is not as bad as you think. Its like you are in the aircon room for 24 hrs lor. Not so cold/moist. As long as dun bring in/out of cold/hot temp...

I din do any special precautions for my camera. jut go there and shoot...