Thread: Recommendation for Ultra Compact

Default Recommendation for Ultra Compact

I am way out of my league here. Need an Ultra Compact digital P&S recommendation. Ask me to recommend a dslr, I will have lots to say, but an ultra compact, I amlost.

This will be a gift for my god daughter, max size will be something like a Canon digital elph. I would like to get one that has an optical finder, minimum 4 MP, 3x zoom, and must be small and thin.

Any thoughts? thanks

Merry christmas
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 19th December 2005 at 09:02 AM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Default Re: Recommendation for Ultra Compact

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    This will be a gift for my god daughter, max size will be something like a Canon digital elph. I would like to get one that has an optical finder, minimum 4 MP, 3x zoom, and must be small and thin.
    Since it's for a girl, and not some techno geek... Just get the SEXIEST looking ultra compact. Like the Sony T series or the Nikon S series. They look uber micro and slim, and sexy to boot. Cant go wrong. And please, try not to get black or silver - they are so boring to girls

red .. colour .. my gal love that .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    Since it's for a girl, and not some techno geek... Just get the SEXIEST looking ultra compact. Like the Sony T series or the Nikon S series. They look uber micro and slim, and sexy to boot. Cant go wrong. And please, try not to get black or silver - they are so boring to girls
    michhy, ur avatar kena hack ah

Sony T-9
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    michhy, ur avatar kena hack ah
    Why did you say that?
    I think imperfections makes the world beautiful

Panasonic FX9 or Sony T9, I see many models using either 1 of these 2, they look good.

Juz take note that Ultra compact means limitations such as red-eye prone.. lousey flash...etc.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Juz take note that Ultra compact means limitations such as red-eye prone.. lousey flash...etc.
    I dont think most people would mind those. My girl doesn't. And besides, people are usually standing 2-3 metres away from the camera anyway, so the built-in flash in those ultra compacts are more than enough.

As for red-eye. It depends on camera models, nothing to do with whether the camera is P&S or anything.