Thread: The road up

Default The road up

Ok ok I know i'm not supposed to post more than 1 a week but it's only another 3 hours to monday hehe. Ok wait I'm assuming a week is Monday to Sunday right? Bleaugh.
    Ok here's what I wanted critique on. Been playing around with my fisheye a lot lately and I'm interested to see what the fisheye experts think.
    Here goes.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Default Re: The road up

is this thread for fisheye experts only? lolz.

gd deep blue sky, green bamboos and 2 dashes of red. but foreground is a mite too bright & unnecessary. fisheye is hardly noticeable till extreme right.

I exposed it a little more to bring out the colour because the fisheye doesn't take a PL filter. Maybe I did it a little too much heh. The thread is not only for fisheye experts, but I initially wanted more aid on the effective use of a fisheye. If the only thing you like is the colour, i think fuji did a better job than me because they produced the emulsion

The distortion is quite apparent when looking at the original scene, the bamboo was much straighter. I've always wondered, when using a fisheye, should the effect be subtle or highly apparent? What do you guys think?

yes i love fuji. hahah. u know how obvious fisheye can be so tacky at times. i like it subtle, afterall, what eqpt used is not impt, it's the photo we all look at. i have no problems with bendy bamboos, they at least pass off as natural as opposed to bendy lamp posts.

Yup i tried to exaggerate the perspective by moving closer to the bamboo. Thanks for the comments, appreciate it.