Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Thread: LX1 Rocks!!!

Default Re: LX1 Rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyrrad
    Hey weekh,
    where are u getting ur underwater housing from? Customized from...? If you're willing to share.

BTW, flickr has a LX1 group here:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/62448469@N00

No dedicated housing from Panasonic.
    So I'm getting the overpriced plastic bag from Ewa Marine.

OIS is another useful feature.
    Handheld at 1/4s.

My last shot for 2005.....

Quote Originally Posted by weekh
    My last shot for 2005.....

make me gian

very nice pics. seriously considering this cam after looking thru the Flickr LX1 group

really nice pic. but after seeing the comparison is Dpreview, i really got doubt in this camera, but u shown otherwise...

Beside using software to reduce the noice. have u try shooting it in RAW?

What a nice rainy day!

Still waiting for my Ewa-Marine plactic bag.... hope the rainy season is still around when my bag arrives.
    Last edited by weekh; 8th January 2006 at 10:51 PM.

nice pics man

Splendid pics that comes out from P&S cam... only skillfull hands and sharp artistic eyes behind the viewfinder could make it happened. Make a very good impact for me... can do for official LX1 advertisement liao!

Quote Originally Posted by daden
    Splendid pics that comes out from P&S cam...
    It is an overkill for most SLR users. In fact most of their shooting requirements can be satisfied with a simple point and shoot.

Some film based p&s like the T5, T3, GR1s, minilux comes with excellent lens and are very capable. And I loved them. Picture quality of these cam beats a pro camera with a pro consumer lens any time.

But with digital, most of the digicam we get are being short changed with a smaller sensor and no RAW files.

LX1 is the first cam I came across that is small in size but big in feature and gives u RAW file. Sensor size issue aside, it is even better than a T3, GR1s cos it has a zoom lens!
    Last edited by weekh; 11th January 2006 at 10:14 PM.

bro, can let me know how much u paid for the customised underwater housing ? is it a simple one or u added arms, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by weekh
    It is an overkill for most SLR users. In fact most of their shooting requirements can be satisfied with a simple point and shoot.

Some film based p&s like the T5, T3, GR1s, minilux comes with excellent lens and are very capable. And I loved them. Picture quality of these cam beats a pro camera with a pro consumer lens any time.

But with digital, most of the digicam we get are being short changed with a smaller sensor and no RAW files.

LX1 is the first cam I came across that is small in size but big in feature and gives u RAW file. Sensor size issue aside, it is even better than a T3, GR1s cos it has a zoom lens!
    i agree with you on the first 3 points! sad my Fz5 doesn't have RAW but only TIFF. but don't matter, your pics come out excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by cikgoo
    bro, can let me know how much u paid for the customised underwater housing ? is it a simple one or u added arms, etc...
    Panasonic does not offer any dedicated housing for the LX1.
    So I just get the generic plastic bag from ewa marine.
    Almost $300 for a plastic bag! I must be out of my mine.....

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Frankly, from a personal perspective, I rate Panasonic's in-camera jpeg picture quality currently the highest around. (Look, this is my subjective opinion, so if you want to yell at me, feel free to do so ). Whilst the colours may not generally be as immediately attractive as Fuji or Oly (for most I'd guess), the quality of the jpegs from their better models is astoundingly good. There's something special about them that the other brands seem to lack.

From the FX-3 onwards, I have noticed that their in-camera picture processing algorithms have been yielding some of the most film-like pictures around with incredibly rich tones. The current Venus II Engine is pretty amazing. If you compare shots taken with consumer cameras from all the major brands, after a while, you'd see that there's something (special) about the Panasonic pictures that a lot of the other brands lack.

Noise is often a variable that a lot of people tend to get overly hung up on. An excessive amount of it is understandably bad, but too little of it often means too little micro detail (the Fuji F11 seems to be quite the exception to this) For me, what's more important is that the noise pattern does not look objectionable. Frankly, I think sometimes, pictures that look too clean tend to lack soul. The LX1, FX9 and the FZ5 seem to capture pictures that have a lot of soul. I like Panasonics's balance of 'soul' and noise. One of the other salient attributes of the Panasonic picture quality is that I seem to be able to discern micro detail that many other camera brand's processing algorithms turn into mush - e.g., fine grass detail.
    woa you make me feel proud being a panasonic FZ5 owner.
    maybe the japanese also felt the same way thats why i saw more pana models than canon.
    but dslr wise nikon really rules there due to the reputation of their lens used in various labs.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 12th January 2006 at 12:03 PM.

what i dont like about panasonic cameras are their batteries

are there other cameras / makers that use their batteries?
    what happens when panasonic decides not to make LX1 battery?

Does anyone know what is the current offer at MS Color?

Bargaincity's current package is

$925.00

FREE 512 mb SD card
    FREE Panasonic Case
    FREE Extra OEM Battery
    FREE Mini Tripod
    FREE Cleaning Kit
    FREE Mini Accessory Box
    Optional extra 2 years warranty at S$65.00 nett (covering service and parts)

you can get an equote from ms colour or alan photo.
    just go to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim
    what i dont like about panasonic cameras are their batteries

are there other cameras / makers that use their batteries?
    what happens when panasonic decides not to make LX1 battery?

just got a quote from mscolor
    819 w/o gst comes with free case thats all

Quote Originally Posted by sinori
    just got a quote from mscolor
    819 w/o gst comes with free case thats all
    so that's without additional SD card?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbiez
    so that's without additional SD card?

thanks.
    Yup, that's w/o the additional SD card. The Bargaincity's quote is b4 gst.
    Last edited by OlymE1; 12th January 2006 at 04:53 PM.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast