Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 52025282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: LX1 Rocks!!!

Default Re: LX1 Rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peminumkopi
    and for this pic i even add more noise
    This one works for me. Looks like this thread lives on even though weekh is moving on...

Noise is rarely a problem for me, composing on the little screen when the sun is on it is a much more profound challenge, heh

zoomed in, ISO 100, no noise reduction

Does the noise performance match that of a DSLR? No. But for what it does, this camera performs very very well and the lens is gloriously low-distortion.

Just as 1930's Rolleiflexes and Leicas were no match for plate cameras in plate camera terms, compacts are no SLRs in some ways -- but I can't fit my SLR and a set of extra batteries in a jacket pocket. It's there -- might some shots be more noisy or less tele or have different DoF? Sure. But between a noisy shot or NO shot, which will you choose? As hockey great Wayne Gretzky says, "you miss all the shots you don't take." And within compacts, I'm still convinced the LX1 is Da Bomb

Until the LX2

Stroll down to Mustafa Centre today and saw some kids playing Soccer near the Ceylon Sports Club.

../azul123

B&W.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    B&W.

../azul123

hi there, nice shots you have from the afternoon walkaround. can i enquire where was this shot taken? what is the building in the background? Find it pretty interesting
    A7R2|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|Σ150|70-200G2

The B&W was from my recent June trip in Middle East.

../azul123

Here's from this morning stroll along Changi Beach.

../azul123

I think DSLR still has better colour.

Removed the half-tobacco and half-violet, spent almost 8hours and still do not know how to make reflection into the sea, PS is too difficult for me.

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 2nd July 2006 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo
    hi there, nice shots you have from the afternoon walkaround. can i enquire where was this shot taken? what is the building in the background? Find it pretty interesting
    Surely the Great Mosque in Mecca? The minarets are rather distinctive...

I like this use of paneling the images too, btw
    Last edited by bjorke; 4th July 2006 at 04:02 PM.

Hi there,

I just returned from the shop with my second Leica D-lux2 camera. I returned the first because of dead pixels (black dots on the raw image). After checking the first couple of shots with the replacement camera, the new one shows black spots as well. What is this? Can't they make camera's or sensor 100%.
    How about you people overhere, did you thouroughly check the raw image of your Lx1 or D-lux2 for black spots. Am I the only unlucky guy with two faulty camera's in a row? I don't know if I can post pictures here or how.
    I am very disappointed and thinking about asking for a refund.

Regards,

Arie1

Finally found the time to go through the whole of this thread, and it made me interested in getting this camera as well. Anyone knows of the current cheapest price of this cam?? i got a quote of $860 from alan photo with a 512mb card. Anywhere to find cheaper price??

Because someone at the Leica forum suggested that my problem with the Leica D-lux 2 might not be a problem of dead pixels (he had no clue what it might be the exactly) I will post here two links to the Leica forum where I have posted examples of my pixelproblems and the start of a discussion about this problem.

The images:
    http://www.leica-camera-user.com/showthread.php?t=1473

Discussion:
    http://www.leica-camera-user.com/showthread.php?t=1417

I like to hear your ideas about this.

Thanks and greetings,

Arie1

Quote Originally Posted by Arie1
    Because someone at the Leica forum suggested that my problem with the Leica D-lux 2 might not be a problem of dead pixels (he had no clue what it might be the exactly) I will post here two links to the Leica forum where I have posted examples of my pixelproblems and the start of a discussion about this problem.

The images:
    http://www.leica-camera-user.com/showthread.php?t=1473

Discussion:
    http://www.leica-camera-user.com/showthread.php?t=1417

I like to hear your ideas about this.

Thanks and greetings,

Arie1
    mind posting in another web? not all cser are a member of leica forum, and its a little too trouble some to create a account just to view it.

Hello Explorerz,

Shall I try to post the pictures in the critique corner of this forum, or do you want me to continue this discussion/topic elsewhere?

Kind regards,

Arie1
    Last edited by Arie1; 14th July 2006 at 06:28 PM.

Hello Explorerz,

Shall I try to post the pictures in the critique corner of this forum, or do you want me to continue this discussion/topic elsewhere?

Kind regards,

Arie1
    not, you can continue here. im just saying host/post ur pic from somewhere else so that non-leica forum user will be able to view it. its irritating to register a leica forum account just to view the pic.

you can try uploading ur pic to imageshack.us and then post it in here.

Samples of my RAW images:

I might be picky, but it is possible that I would like to use pictures at an enlargement like the last one. I have to get rid of the annoying black spots on for this instance the chin of the boy and on the two arms. For a camera of 700 Euros I find this unacceptable.

Regards,

Arie1
    Last edited by Arie1; 14th July 2006 at 07:47 PM.

erm, care to share which raw program did you use? it might be due to the software.
    the last time when i tried raw essential, i tot that my d50 camera is giving me funny quality. it just looks like the last pic you have posted and i gave up that software. as for the dark spot, i don think it is a dead pixel.

if you happen to use raw essential, my suggest would be try another software maybe photoshop. so far im quite satified by photoshop results

anyway i think its not that much off worry even if printing S8R. but like what you said, for a 700 euro camera, this should be happening.
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 14th July 2006 at 08:28 PM.

Hi ExplorerZ

I used RawShooter Premium 2006 to import the RAW images to a windows XP home edition pc. I couldn't get the adobe Elements plugin for RAW images to work. Each camera gave black spots at exactly the same positions in all the raw images that were taken with that specific camera. Between the two camera's the locations of black spots differed. To me this indicates that the 'problem is not generated by the software or datacards.

Regards,

Arie1

Hi ExplorerZ

I used RawShooter Premium 2006 to import the RAW images to a windows XP home edition pc. I couldn't get the adobe Elements plugin for RAW images to work. Each camera gave black spots at exactly the same positions in all the raw images that were taken with that specific camera. Between the two camera's the locations of black spots differed. To me this indicates that the 'problem is not generated by the software or datacards.

Regards,

Arie1
    yup rawshooter premium is the same as essentials but with more feature.
    for black spot, i think i got no idea. maybe the only way is not to "pixel peep" too much on the images

anyway did you tried shooting in jpeg? cos i only see you mention raw (or did i miss some post)

Jpg files have undergone filtering/comprimation. The raw image is the unprocessed data with which you can do as you like. If information is not on the raw image it won't get on the jpg images. The black dots will get averaged out, I suppose, when converting a raw image to a jpg file, and will therefore not be clearly visible on the jpg image depending on the rate of comprimation.
    I wanted to start experimenting with raw because of the crisp examples of the photo's placed here by Meekh and others. When I have to transform my pictures to less crispy jpg's to get rid of the, to me, bothering black dots there is no use in buying an expensive camera that can give me raw images that I can't use to it's full potential.

Sorry,

Arie1

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 52025282930313235 ... LastLast