Thread: Are they any camera who can do low light decent photo at iso 1600 or 800?

Default Are they any camera who can do low light decent photo at iso 1600 or 800?

Hi all,

other than F11 and F10 from Fuji, are they any other brand which can offer the same good quality low light photo at ISO 800/1600??

I am looking for something like F10 or F11 but i want something that runs on AA batt so would need to look at other brands

song

Default Re: Are they any camera who can do low light decent photo at iso 1600 or 800?

title should be more specific like consumer camera/p&s camera etc...

i believe now all the DSLR can do decent low light photography. Without mentioning the choice of lenses too...

Default Re: Are they any camera who can do low light decent photo at iso 1600 or 800?

Quote Originally Posted by song
    Hi all,

other than F11 and F10 from Fuji, are they any other brand which can offer the same good quality low light photo at ISO 800/1600??

I am looking for something like F10 or F11 but i want something that runs on AA batt so would need to look at other brands

song
    i think only F10 and F11 can go up to ISO1600 for that camera size.

olympus u800 too.

why canon and olympus don't want to come up with something to match Fuji F10/F11 technology? Is it truly that fuji has the best low noise processing program in their P&S camera?

song

Quote Originally Posted by song
    why canon and olympus don't want to come up with something to match Fuji F10/F11 technology? Is it truly that fuji has the best low noise processing program in their P&S camera?

song
    yes, that's the ONLY thing that Fuji manage to impress me

anyway, F10 has very good battery life too, the colour is also good as long as u dont use the flash. the color always look funny to me once the flash is activated, in the end i always shoot at ISO800-1600 without flash

The thing that i hate most is that it dun comes with desktop charger and the most troublesome thing is that u will need to use the "breakout-box" in order to charge or download pic. Also tot of using USB card reader, but xD card is too small, fragile and expensive....so i rather use the break-out box to download pic

dun understand why fuji dun want to have the power & USB connector on the camera instead

the control and menu is terrible too, but since it is a P&S, i dun expect much...just shoot in auto most of the time and compensate the exposure accordingly when needed
    Last edited by Wai; 17th December 2005 at 03:42 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY