Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 241

Thread: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

  1. #201
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    I am using the 2.0 ghz quad, 1gb ram.
    oh man.. that's good news indeed...

  2. #202

    Default

    juz changed my sys cos the old 478 P4 3GHz died.

    Pentium D 805 Dual core 2.66GHz (533 FSB)
    2GB DDR II RAM
    160GB OS drive
    250GB scratch disc
    CS 2
    nothing running in the bkgrnd except firewall

    overclocked the CPU to 3GHz (600FSB not even near 800FSB for higher end P4 or 1066FSB core 2 duo)

    result = 57sec

    very contented with the performance of this little CPU. not sure what happens when i pushed it to 4GHz (800FSB).

  3. #203
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Maybe you will get fried chip...




    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    juz changed my sys cos the old 478 P4 3GHz died.

    Pentium D 805 Dual core 2.66GHz (533 FSB)
    2GB DDR II RAM
    160GB OS drive
    250GB scratch disc
    CS 2
    nothing running in the bkgrnd except firewall

    overclocked the CPU to 3GHz (600FSB not even near 800FSB for higher end P4 or 1066FSB core 2 duo)

    result = 57sec

    very contented with the performance of this little CPU. not sure what happens when i pushed it to 4GHz (800FSB).

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pierceteo View Post
    Maybe you will get fried chip...
    if the cooling is adequate, probably not. but the power consumption is definitely going to burst the ceiling!! the flexibility of this CPU is pretty good, i can u underclock it (at 2GHz & with lower voltage) to save power when typing this post. cheap too... only S$150 & the stock HSF can take u to 3.2GHz max. very value for money.

  5. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Away From Keyboard
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Nice nice nice....
    I guess Adobe can simply request IP addresses from the admins, and check how many actually own licensed copy of APS.... muhahahahahaaaa

  6. #206

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    followed exactly, and mine was like 33 seconds...

    AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core @ 2.86Ghz, 1GB RAM, about 3 firefox windows running, 3 windows explorer, MP3 + IM in the background...

    =)

  7. #207

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    followed exactly, and mine was like 33 seconds...

    AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core @ 2.86Ghz, 1GB RAM, about 3 firefox windows running, 3 windows explorer, MP3 + IM in the background...

    =)
    AMD 3000+
    512m

    3m 25s

  8. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    UPDATE!!!!

    With CS3 Beta..my iMac 2.16 Intel Core 2 Dual did it in 38sec!!! Exactly half what it use to take (1min 15 sec)...so basically it fully utilize the 2 chip!!!

    Way to go...

    Pierce

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by pierceteo View Post
    UPDATE!!!!

    With CS3 Beta..my iMac 2.16 Intel Core 2 Dual did it in 38sec!!! Exactly half what it use to take (1min 15 sec)...so basically it fully utilize the 2 chip!!!

    Way to go...

    Pierce
    how about the application start up time? hope that the loading is much speedier than CS2 on Intel Mac

  10. #210
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Yap startup time faster too!

  11. #211

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    the never dying thread

    Intel 2-way Xeon 5130 2.0GHz, 2GB FB RAM

    PS CS2 - 30 seconds

    Gonna try out xp64 to see if there's any difference...
    Last edited by knoxknocks; 29th December 2006 at 05:53 PM.

  12. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    the never dying thread

    Intel 2-way Xeon 5130 2.0GHz, 2GB FB RAM

    PS CS2 - 30 seconds

    Gonna try out xp64 to see if there's any difference...
    same speed as mine
    but i only 1 gb ram

  13. #213

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    same speed as mine
    but i only 1 gb ram
    think this test stresses the CPU, not so much memory I would imagine that when CS3 is officially launched, it'll fly on the mac pro. This pc config is more or less the same as the mac pro (quad 2.0ghz xeon, 7300GT, FB RAMs) but doesn't have the same constraints (of rosetta translations).
    Last edited by knoxknocks; 29th December 2006 at 08:03 PM.

  14. #214
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Hmmm.......1min 40s on my AMD opteron 146 overclocked @ 2.35GHz So dissapointed

    Adobe Photoshop Version: 8.0
    Operating System: Windows XP
    Version: 5.1 Service Pack 2
    System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:7, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
    Processor speed: 2352 MHz
    Built-in memory: 1023 MB
    Free memory: 519 MB
    Memory available to Photoshop: 933 MB
    Memory used by Photoshop: 65 %
    Image cache levels: 4
    Use image cache for histograms: No
    Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
    Scratch volume(s):
    Startup, 135.2G, 97.4G free

  15. #215

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Did mine in 59.7sec

    Core2duo 6400
    2gig
    CS2

  16. #216
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    1:29 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2gb ram, CS2, firefox, msn, antivirus, etc in background but nothing too memory intensive.

  17. #217

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    The neverending thread.....

    MacBook with 2GB Ram 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM with Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz processor with a 120GB HDD.

    CS3 Beta Version 40 seconds.....not too bad for a notebook.

  18. #218

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    doesn't die?


    1:50m, sempron 2800 1GB

  19. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,828

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    The Core 2 Duos usually make mincemeat of this test.

  20. #220

    Default Re: Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs View Post
    The Core 2 Duos usually make mincemeat of this test.
    Wonder how the MAC PRO Quad will be like????

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •