Thread: What type of "shooter" are you

Default What type of "shooter" are you

Hello fellow CSers,
    After reading a old issue of a photo meg about this guy who will take only one picture a day to redicover his love for photography after going numb with all the commercial stuff he does.

Just wonder about what type of photo shooter are there among us when we encounter a phototaking opportunity.

Will it be
    1) shoot like there is no tomorrow

or

2) One shot one kill

or

3) the in between who explore the angles n let off some snaps

love to hear from anybody. Can also create your own type if you are not among the above.

I myself belong more to type 3 for a start.
    Last edited by NE clicks clicks; 15th December 2005 at 02:21 PM.

Default Re: What type of "shooter" are you

Quote Originally Posted by NE clicks clicks
    Hello fellow CSers,
    After reading a old issue of a photo meg about this guy who will take only one picture a day to redicover his love for photography after going numb with all the commercial stuff he does.

Just wonder about what type of photo shooter are there among us when we encounter a phototaking opportunity.

Will it be

or

2) One shot one kill

or

love to hear from anybody. Can also create your own type if you are not among the above.

none of the above.
    1. shoot like there is no tomorrow is just wasting post processing time in the end, I am assuming we are talking about digital. Not efficient way to do things.
    2. One shot one kill, depends on your subject matter, not practical at all. Too much risk in one shot. I can see it in a studio/controlled enviroment, but natural light, good luck and don't cry if you miss the picture.
    3. not exactly. first of all, everyone is in the middle, group 3, too broad, so I discounted it.

Shoot till you got the shot is what's important. Afterall, we are after a shot. Once we got it, no point to shoot more. If we have not, why stop.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    none of the above.
    1. shoot like there is no tomorrow is just wasting post processing time in the end, I am assuming we are talking about digital. Not efficient way to do things.
    2. One shot one kill, depends on your subject matter, not practical at all. Too much risk in one shot. I can see it in a studio/controlled enviroment, but natural light, good luck and don't cry if you miss the picture.
    3. not exactly. first of all, everyone is in the middle, group 3, too broad, so I discounted it.

Shoot till you got the shot is what's important. Afterall, we are after a shot. Once we got it, no point to shoot more. If we have not, why stop.

I second DP...he put it so well

Hello fellow CSers,

Will it be

or

2) One shot one kill

or

Be flexible, use any style as and when it is deem practical. I use all three and more.

There's no such thing as waste processing time. Why must one process every picture. I only process what I like and is the best. This is the same in the professional world eps in sports. The picture editor will select the best few pictures and send for processing. No body process every single shots.

well i guess it really depends, i converted from film, shooting with as little frames as possible has become a habit for me. but i covered an event for my hall where there were many reporters firing their flash at the same time, i realised i had to shoot much more, as their flash often affected my own shots resulting in overexposure!
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

I shoot when I think it's worth shooting. Shoot at least one first in case the opportunity is gone forever, after that, move in, check out diff perspective, angles, etc. before next shot.

Might bracket a bit sometimes, but otherwise, one shot is enough.

===
    Hello fellow CSers,

Will it be

or

2) One shot one kill

or

Blog Entries

i shoot macros, so i shoot and delete the ones that CMI
    i only keep a few shots from each shoot, i try not to do pp at all.

I'm more of the slow and steady wins the race. I like metering, working with angles of view, compositions, exposures, or what things in the photograph I want to expose for, and I play with depth of field.