Thread: Riding on...

Default Riding on...

Finally get to post it after much tries.

Saw this trishaw rider, with loud music balsting. So decide to take a shot at him. Find it interesting that during olden days, trishaws are a form of transport for most people. In today, they have become the form of transport for tourists.

Its my first few panning shots. Personally, I find optimal shutter speed for normal speed of cars (about 60km/h) is about 1/60 to 1/80. So for the trishaw, took a trial of 1/15 using handhold. Feel free to comment.

Default Re: Riding on...

techincally OK but cant hear the loud blasting music leh ....

Quote Originally Posted by espion
    techincally OK but cant hear the loud blasting music leh ....
    eh... maybe I should put those musical notes from his trishaw to make the picture like he is blasting from his radio?

Very nice panning shot 'cept for the blur motion on the right
    and it really looks good in b/w.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion king
    Very nice panning shot 'cept for the blur motion on the right
    and it really looks good in b/w.
    Thanks!

The blur motion on the right? The trishaw or the vehicle next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Of_The_Beach
    eh... maybe I should put those musical notes from his trishaw to make the picture like he is blasting from his radio?
    Mr. DW - Use your IT backgroud to your advantage lah... convert to Macromedia Flash... heeheheh

Nice shot - you sure you just started? hustler ah Personally, I feel if the taxi was out of the picture, the trishaw will really stand out. Now kinda distracted by the cab in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutcase
    Mr. DW - Use your IT backgroud to your advantage lah... convert to Macromedia Flash... heeheheh
    IT background got 2 types. One is those hands-on, the other is those that talk only. I belong to the second group, so dun know how to use Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutcase
    Nice shot - you sure you just started? hustler ah Personally, I feel if the taxi was out of the picture, the trishaw will really stand out. Now kinda distracted by the cab in the background.
    Thanks for compliments. I still a newbie for sure.

I agree with you on the taxi part. But I cant avoid the taxi ....no time to react lor. Maybe can use photoshop to remove?

Thumbs up Re: Riding on...

Which Lens were you using for this shot? Pix is nicely sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Of_The_Beach

Finally get to post it after much tries.

Saw this trishaw rider, with loud music balsting. So decide to take a shot at him. Find it interesting that during olden days, trishaws are a form of transport for most people. In today, they have become the form of transport for tourists.

Its my first few panning shots. Personally, I find optimal shutter speed for normal speed of cars (about 60km/h) is about 1/60 to 1/80. So for the trishaw, took a trial of 1/15 using handhold. Feel free to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by lycan
    Which Lens were you using for this shot? Pix is nicely sharp.
    Thanks. I am using the kit lens 18-55mm. Kit lens is quite good for basic use. And its light