Thread: Irix 11mm f4 review -up at Ephotozine

Default Irix 11mm f4 review -up at Ephotozine

Since this is another wide angle option for K-mount (supposed at a good price), it should be of interest to some here.

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/i...78#Performance

Summary :

"What an exciting lens the Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly is. It opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities in a well-made, well-designed package that delivers the image quality. It will not be for everybody, perhaps because of the ultra-wide style of the images, or maybe because of difficulties using the manual focus system, but if the lens appeals to the individual photographer's creativity then it will be a rewarding experience."

Of course being Pentaxians, manual focus difficulties are irrelevant.

Default Re: Irix 11mm f4 review -up at Ephotozine

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Since this is another wide angle option for K-mount (supposed at a good price), it should be of interest to some here.

Summary :

"What an exciting lens the Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly is. It opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities in a well-made, well-designed package that delivers the image quality. It will not be for everybody, perhaps because of the ultra-wide style of the images, or maybe because of difficulties using the manual focus system, but if the lens appeals to the individual photographer's creativity then it will be a rewarding experience."

JK, the fact is who need to focus on full frame camera with lens wider than 20mm!
    Flickr | 500px | Sony | Pentax | Ricoh | Epson

Quote Originally Posted by chipvn View Post
    JK, the fact is who need to focus on full frame camera with lens wider than 20mm!

Yeah, exactly!

In fact I find that for these UWA, MF is my preferred way of working with them.

thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

Summary :

Just wait for pentax announcement of UWA....Thanks JK

Looks good. a lens to fight with Laowa 12mm.........

if the performance is like the irix 15..i can say that this lens should be a winner..