Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 197

Thread: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    haiz that is what SEAD is for mah.
    Afterward cock up, SEAD become SEAD-CAP-SAR combo mission instead.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    That's wheer these F-15s are for. With their bigger & longer range Radar, takeout those SAM & AA from beyond their range.
    This is what an F-16 can't do.
    no the F16 does SEAD mission as well. It has been seen with the AGM88 anti-radar missiles. what's more this is done without external ECM pod so now you know what's hiding inside that dorsal spine.

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    they got demonstrate their Mig29 during F1 show leh. show off the tight G-turns haha. unfortunately cannot see very well at the F1 stadium.
    Actually Russian builds better planes in term of airframe & maneuverability. MIG-29 can easily out fly a F-16. But they're avionics can't beat those from the Western countries.

    They've few crashes for their F-18s. If remember correctly, 2 crashed.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    so what weapons will the F-15 use for this kinda missions?
    get a copy of Janes USAF they will train you ah ha.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    wah sibeh impressed
    Ever saw one documentary on discovery channel. Two MiG collided mid air just few hundred meters above ground, both pilots survived. Their ejection system is tip top!

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Actually Russian builds better planes in term of airframe & maneuverability. MIG-29 can easily out fly a F-16. But they're avionics can't beat those from the Western countries.

    They've few crashes for their F-18s. If remember correctly, 2 crashed.
    not to forget that they don't have stealth technology too....

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Afterward cock up, SEAD become SEAD-CAP-SAR combo mission instead.

    want to whack people must be prepared to kena whack back right haha.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    Ever saw one documentary on discovery channel. Two MiG collided mid air just few hundred meters above ground, both pilots survived. Their ejection system is tip top!
    they know that the plane will eventually crash so must but a good ejection system for the pilot mah...US ones dont crash that often so u don't get to see their ejections seats in action..

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Actually Russian builds better planes in term of airframe & maneuverability. MIG-29 can easily out fly a F-16. But they're avionics can't beat those from the Western countries.

    ahem, like I said, that dorsal spine on our F16C/D

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    I would really like us to have some of those hawker harriers though

    anyone remember the old airshows at changi (before they build the airport) and RSAF was flying the Hunters?

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    Ever saw one documentary on discovery channel. Two MiG collided mid air just few hundred meters above ground, both pilots survived. Their ejection system is tip top!
    Ejection seats are for peacetime.

    For wartime, its Kamikaze.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    they know that the plane will eventually crash so must but a good ejection system for the pilot mah...US ones dont crash that often so u don't get to see their ejections seats in action..

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I would really like us to have some of those hawker harriers though

    anyone remember the old airshows at changi (before they build the airport) and RSAF was flying the Hunters?
    Harriers? Hmm... In land constrained Singapore, they might juz be good for supporting ground based troops in Defence standoffs scenarios.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Ejection seats are for peacetime.

    For wartime, its Kamikaze.
    nah..aim nose at enemy and eject last minute....

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Harriers? Hmm... In land constrained Singapore, they might juz be good for supporting ground based troops in Defence standoffs scenarios.
    yep..it would really come in useful, especially if our roads and runways are blown to bits..

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    nah..aim nose at enemy and eject last minute....
    Then land on enemy terrority?

    I think die in the crash will be a less painful death.

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Let go smack at everything u can throw at the enemy and go kamikaze in a blaze of glory.

    The kamikaze attacks in WWII against the US Carriers & sucide attacks on the Okinawa beaches did strike fear amongst and baffled the American Marines. But not practical in the long run.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    ahem, like I said, that dorsal spine on our F16C/D
    Must Thanks to that Nation that transferred this technology to RSAF.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Let go smack at everything u can throw at the enemy and go kamikaze in a blaze of glory.

    The kamikaze attacks in WWII against the US Carriers & sucide attacks on the Okinawa beaches did strike fear amongst and baffled the American Marines. But not practical in the long run.
    I think only China & India can do that now. They've the manpower.

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    I think only China & India can do that now. They've the manpower.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •