Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 197

Thread: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    MINDEF is very good in bargaining. It's either we get the Longbow or we dun buy a single heli from them.
    But I dun think all of our Apaches will be equipped with this radar. But hey, that's good enough for me. Usually Apaches operate in a pair or more. Just need one of them equipped with Longbow is enough to rain hell on the enemy.
    1 Apache = 1 Infantry Battalion Firepower
    2 Apaches can chew 1 Infantry + Tank Formation easily

    With all those birds in the air, who needs ground troopers?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Totally agreed with u. But Janes uses US as the benchmark, 10 is the highest. I will rate Israel at 12. I watched a video clip on IAF training, they can made their F-16s fly in such a way that I think the manufacturer also dunno their F-16 can do such a thing! U will never see them fly in a straight lane during targeting. They will swing/roll left, right, up, down, next moment, missles are released.
    Jane is US company mah....you go call an arabian company or a communist company and then see what rating the US gets

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    1 Apache = 1 Infantry Battalion Firepower
    2 Apaches can chew 1 Infantry + Tank Formation easily

    With all those birds in the air, who needs ground troopers?
    but planes cant infiltrate the enemy's bunker....cant secure an area....

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    1 Apache = 1 Infantry Battalion Firepower
    2 Apaches can chew 1 Infantry + Tank Formation easily

    With all those birds in the air, who needs ground troopers?
    Wow, then I dun have to go reservist liao.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    no..you still have to fly the planes

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    no..you still have to fly the planes
    Oh... hmm....
    Btw, I wonder if LAW is effective against Apaches.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Oh... hmm....
    Btw, I wonder if LAW is effective against Apaches.
    if can aim properly.....why not...also depends on where you aim....best is to go for tail rotor...the fueslage si a metal bathtub....

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Blast the main rotors off then see if that bathtub can still fly...

    Anyway, it's quite easy to bring down an Apache as some joker with just a rifle demonstrated in Iraq not too long ago... Or was it Afghanistan?

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Oh... hmm....
    Btw, I wonder if LAW is effective against Apaches.
    RPG can bring down Blackhawk liao..

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Garmet also not stupid. It has the DSTA and ST Defence Technology to develop special software and hardware for our needs.

    Remembered some years back, a defense deal was called off as MinDef wanted the source code for the hardware. So that it can tweek the devices.....

    Quote Originally Posted by agape01
    On the other hand, the capabilities of the F-15E might even surpass what most people think the F-15 is capable of.

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Blast the main rotors off then see if that bathtub can still fly...

    Anyway, it's quite easy to bring down an Apache as some joker with just a rifle demonstrated in Iraq not too long ago... Or was it Afghanistan?
    yeah..an RPG shld do fine....I think the case was in Iraq....but i thought the main rotors were made to withstand .50cal shells

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    yeah..an RPG shld do fine....I think the case was in Iraq....but i thought the main rotors were made to withstand .50cal shells
    I think one engine took a hit in that incident... Can't really remember the details at this point of time...

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    I am surprised that our neighbour in the immediate north of Singapore, did not make noise about "sensitivity" or "projection of military powers" like when we had our submarine and E2C....

    BTW, I tot they have the F18s. Never see them fly anyway leh.. or perhaps I did not tune to their national day parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Of_The_Beach
    Sometimes, such kind of media announcement is more of a deterrence act. It shows our potential enemy that we have highly sophiscated weapons/equipment, so do not disturb us.

    Air defence is the most important area in fighting a war. Lose the air superiority, most prob = lose the war. Just take the Gulf war for an example.

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    I think one engine took a hit in that incident... Can't really remember the details at this point of time...
    or maybe his shot took a bolt off..which took off the engine cowline..and another shot got in to kill the engines

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    but planes cant infiltrate the enemy's bunker....cant secure an area....
    Who cares about infiltration when u can just blow it up into millions of unrecognisable parts by letting loose everything on it?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  16. #96

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    F-15 Loses wing in mid-air collision - Lands safely by Israeli Air Force pilot.

    http://www.strangemilitary.com/content/item/110099.html

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Who cares about infiltration when u can just blow it up into millions of unrecognisable parts by letting loose everything on it?
    if its guarded by heavy AA and SAMs..then how?Cruise missles?

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    if its guarded by heavy AA and SAMs..then how?Cruise missles?
    That's wheer these F-15s are for. With their bigger & longer range Radar, takeout those SAM & AA from beyond their range.
    This is what an F-16 can't do.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Lensman
    I am surprised that our neighbour in the immediate north of Singapore, did not make noise about "sensitivity" or "projection of military powers" like when we had our submarine and E2C....

    BTW, I tot they have the F18s. Never see them fly anyway leh.. or perhaps I did not tune to their national day parade.
    Thought they have Russian jets and some new main battle tank also. Our AMX-13 really need to be replaced liao!

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    That's wheer these F-15s are for. With their bigger & longer range Radar, takeout those SAM & AA from beyond their range.
    This is what an F-16 can't do.
    so what weapons will the F-15 use for this kinda missions?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •