Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Our Apaches come with Longbow. This is confirmed.
    I had always thought that the longbow radar (the dome on top of the main rotors) is a classified weapon that's under some kind of US Weapons Export Regulation thing?

Hmm... Din know that ours come with the longbow radar.

Maybe we can get an Aegis cruiser next.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I think we should buy AMRAAM missiles to match the F-15SG. Our force would then be one of the most powerful in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessfool
    serious!! they cant even handle their f16s properly lor
    Hmm... Doesn't mean u can make ur F16 jiggle & spin circles around a MiG-27 in Computer Combat Flight Sims means that RSAF pilots can't handle their own F16s properly.

If that's the case, I'm the Red Baron of the 21st Century since I can dodge missiles and run circles around a MiG27 with a Skyhawk in Janes Combat Flight Sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    I think we should buy AMRAAM missiles to match the F-15SG. Our force would then be one of the most powerful in the region.
    I believe we already have a few hundred AMRAAMs bought frm US. It bought some furore the other time RSAF announced it since we're the 2nd country in the region (I think the other one was Thailand) to have it.

But due to US export control regulations, we cannot take control of it unless in event of war which they would be shipped immediately and installed on all our fighter planes.

So its sitting in the warehouse somewhere in a classified location in US now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessfool
    serious!! they cant even handle their f16s properly lor
    flying a real aircraft aint like doin it in simulator games real life got such thing as Rules Of Engagement and G-Forces....while you are happily running circles and spins in your flight sims....if it were real life...pilot will pass out already...and not to forget the wings will start comin off...if you can handle it better than them...you go fly it lor...cannot then keep quiet.lemme tell you...RSAF has got pilots who can fly the F-16 against the USAF pilots and win them in a dogfight.We even have one who graduated as Top Gun of a flying school.RSAF is a top class Airforce....so what you mean by cannot handle the planes well.
    Last edited by JediForce4ever; 13th December 2005 at 11:20 AM.

He's prolly having a bad dose of sour grapes and was prolly kicked out for the selection test during his NSF dayz...

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I had always thought that the longbow radar (the dome on top of the main rotors) is a classified weapon that's under some kind of US Weapons Export Regulation thing?

Hmm... Din know that ours come with the longbow radar.

Maybe we can get an Aegis cruiser next.
    MINDEF is very good in bargaining. It's either we get the Longbow or we dun buy a single heli from them.
    But I dun think all of our Apaches will be equipped with this radar. But hey, that's good enough for me. Usually Apaches operate in a pair or more. Just need one of them equipped with Longbow is enough to rain hell on the enemy.

I believe we already have a few hundred AMRAAMs bought frm US. It bought some furore the other time RSAF announced it since we're the 2nd country in the region (I think the other one was Thailand) to have it.

But due to US export control regulations, we cannot take control of it unless in event of war which they would be shipped immediately and installed on all our fighter planes.

So its sitting in the warehouse somewhere in a classified location in US now I think.
    If what you said is true, then we are probably among the best in the region.

After the aircraft, we should also pay attention the the Air Defense Artileries. The Rapier missiles especially, since tested in the Falkland wars, are old technology liao. Although it is still capable.

How good it will be if we own the Patriots. Cool ADA weapons.

If what you said is true, then we are probably among the best in the region.
    our pilots and technology are the best....however, good misle systems does not necessarily mean good airforce....but good missles combined with the best pilots,can easily win in any situation.
    However, if we are to ever come under attack by our neighbors...we really have no means of stopping them..because even if we have the best..they outnumber us by a huge margin.

I read this in a local forum that we already have AMRAAMs here, cos our neighbour will be taking in Russian's medium range AA. But not confirm yet.

And btw, our pilots are rated at 9 out of 10 (uses US as a standard, rated 10) by Janes.
    Israel is at 10 as well.

singapore won't really come under attack by Ballistic missles..so i guess we won't need that.

I read this in a local forum that we already have AMRAAMs here, cos our neighbour will be taking in Russian's medium range AA. But not confirm yet.

And btw, our pilots are rated at 9 out of 10 (uses US as a standard, rated 10) by Janes.
    Israel is at 10 as well.
    Israel's military is the best in the world...even better than the US....

RSAF is one of the strongest in this region. We can achieve Air-superiority in the event of war.
    Moreover, no one has a true Land-to-and missle capacity in SEA, thus Patriot is not necessory for the moment. And do u think US will sell us?? Even their Allies do not have access to them. We are not an ally of USA.

The Israels. Oh yes. Reminds me of the Signal set 900 series. good performance and stability.

RSAF is one of the strongest in this region. We can achieve Air-superiority in the event of war.
    Moreover, no one has a true Land-to-and missle capacity in SEA, thus Patriot is not necessory for the moment. And do u think US will sell us?? Even their Allies do not have access to them. We are not an ally of USA.
    their allies do...Taiwan is an example.

Hmmm, in dat case, should at least upgrade the current Rapier to Rapier 2K system. or increase speed of missiles from mach 2 to mach 3. ha ha, is that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Israel's military is the best in the world...even better than the US....
    Totally agreed with u. But Janes uses US as the benchmark, 10 is the highest. I will rate Israel at 12. I watched a video clip on IAF training, they can made their F-16s fly in such a way that I think the manufacturer also dunno their F-16 can do such a thing! U will never see them fly in a straight lane during targeting. They will swing/roll left, right, up, down, next moment, missles are released.

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    their allies do...Taiwan is an example.
    I believe it's loaned to them. Or downgraded version. Got to dig up this.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast