Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

Default Re: Singapore buys 12 F-15SG fighter jets

What RSAF needs now is to get new AWACS to replace the aging E-2C.
    And also time to change AMX-13S1.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I thought it was designated F15-T? there is a very good reason why F15 is chosen. All those people (experts though they are) don't seem to give that point enough weight. Very simply, if you look at our F16C/D, have you noticed that they have a dorsal spine? Even the American F16C/D doesn't have them. But at least one other country's F16 have them. This spine is chock full of ECM gear. You think our F16 fire american missiles only?

Now think, who else has F15 and has the ability to develop, use and test ECM gear and other enhancements? Another way of looking at this, if we chose Rafale, where are we going to get such battle tested enhancements?

ding ding.

that's one of the factors.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

twin engines, more payload, easier to train, available spare parts. who's complaining?
    i'm more wondering where the decommissioned A4s would go...

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    What RSAF needs now is to get new AWACS to replace the aging E-2C.
    And also time to change AMX-13S1.

knowing how "kia-su" we are, you can bet those are already in progress. certainly the follow-on to the AMX-13SM1 is already long on the cards and could even be on trial. It has been long expected that an MLC30 light tank will be built (probably based on Bionix running gear) to replace the AMX-13. Main gun most likely to be 105mm, not sure if an MLC30 chassis can take a 120mm gun anot.

Take a look at the Primus, it is built to such a dimension not for no reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsba85
    twin engines, more payload, easier to train, available spare parts. who's complaining?
    i'm more wondering where the decommissioned A4s would go...

you can try and buy those twin seaters, and bring them to Brisbane as tourist attraction. I heard some of our old Hunters and being used that way. I think they charge A$3,000 for a flight along the NSW/Queensland coast.

Now think, who else has F15 and has the ability to develop, use and test ECM gear and other enhancements?
    I did not know that the Palestinians had F-15s!

Sometimes, such kind of media announcement is more of a deterrence act. It shows our potential enemy that we have highly sophiscated weapons/equipment, so do not disturb us.

Air defence is the most important area in fighting a war. Lose the air superiority, most prob = lose the war. Just take the Gulf war for an example.

knowing how "kia-su" we are, you can bet those are already in progress. certainly the follow-on to the AMX-13SM1 is already long on the cards and could even be on trial. It has been long expected that an MLC30 light tank will be built (probably based on Bionix running gear) to replace the AMX-13. Main gun most likely to be 105mm, not sure if an MLC30 chassis can take a 120mm gun anot.

the UCVP project was cancelled due to the Italian 120mm gun being too heavy for the Bionix based turret.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

you can try and buy those twin seaters, and bring them to Brisbane as tourist attraction. I heard some of our old Hunters and being used that way. I think they charge A$3,000 for a flight along the NSW/Queensland coast.
    I would buy one and store it in WA if I was a rich mogul. Like those fellows who own civilian Phantoms.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    I did not know that the Palestinians had F-15s!
    palestinians got air force meh?

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    I would buy one and store it in WA if I was a rich mogul. Like those fellows who own civilian Phantoms.

yah man, then can fly around do aerial photoshoot.

Given the terrance in our region, light/medium tanks is still a better bet.
    And u are most likely correct that SG may already has plan for the replacement of AMX-13SM1.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    the UCVP project was cancelled due to the Italian 120mm gun being too heavy for the Bionix based turret.

I would imagine! haha. guess they have to make do with 105mm and leave the 120/125mm to the tempest replacement.

For those interested.

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=101

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-15.htm

People in other parts of the Earth are dicussing these since September.
    http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...2&page=7&pp=30
    They are even discussing about the detail of engine selection. How much information we know as a Singaporean.
    Last edited by Aton; 12th December 2005 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Given the terrance in our region, light/medium tanks is still a better bet.

yah man, anyone who have seen an M728/AVLB negotiating the tracks in Area D will know why

Quote Originally Posted by agape01
    Whatever it is I believe that it is the watered down version....

You honestly think that US will permit us to have the full capabilities of the E? Perhaps, the software is good only for what was used in the first Gulf War. Even then, it would be really deadly already compared to what our neighbours have.

On the other hand, the capabilities of the F-15E might even surpass what most people think the F-15 is capable of.
    Yes..Singapore has got a version of the most up to date equivalent version of the Strike Eagle. Military officials arent stupid you know... and this is not second hand....why the hell would we want second hand when we are looking for an aircraft that can bring us into the 3rd generation waste of money huh?..then I think you shouldn't buy cameras too 12 Fighters are more than enough to defend our skies and soverignity.Singapore aint such a big place...I doubt there is even enough space for the 10 fighters to play around in Singapore territory,based on their abilities.And the RSAF won't be using them to attack any other countries..so we dont need that much planes.

palestinians got air force meh?
    My error. They are the ones who get bombed by the F15s! Not the ones flying them.......

Can't wait to hear these F-15s roar over our head during NDP'08... it will make our F-16s sound like a cat. Not to mention the F-5s, provided they are still around

Engines can be interchanged with F16 if they are the same. We can have plenty of spares.
    The main reason is have continuity on the technology transfer towards the F35.

Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    For those interested.

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=101

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-15.htm

People in other parts of the Earth are dicussing these since September.
    http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...2&page=7&pp=30
    They are even discussing about the detail of engine selection. How much information we know as a Singaporean.

September? Some of us have been discussing it since the call for tenders came out..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast