Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

  1. #1
    Member Joshelerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    504

    Default Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Hi, I see that Artworkfoto sells some voigtlander lens for Leica, does anyone knows if any of the shops sell Zeiss lens for Leica mount as well in good price?

    Thanks a lot!
    Just keep shooting

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    775

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshelerry View Post
    Hi, I see that Artworkfoto sells some voigtlander lens for Leica, does anyone knows if any of the shops sell Zeiss lens for Leica mount as well in good price?

    Thanks a lot!
    good price.. not very sure.

    but chiifei and slr revolution , orient photo (sls) used to carry zeiss lens in m mount.. best to call and ask.
    M10|M6 Millenium|50mm f1 e58|35 f1.4 FLE|35mm f2 V1 germany|15mm V f4.5 VIII|50mm Zeiss f2

  3. #3
    Member Joshelerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Any catch or things to look out for using zeiss or voigtlander for Leica? Understand there is no 6bit coding and hence metadata is gone. But any issues with getting good accuracy, sharpness, metering etc?

    Please advise
    Just keep shooting

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,544

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshelerry View Post
    Hi, I see that Artworkfoto sells some voigtlander lens for Leica, does anyone knows if any of the shops sell Zeiss lens for Leica mount as well in good price?

    Thanks a lot!
    SLR Revo carries the widest range of Zeiss ZM lenses.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,544

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshelerry View Post
    Any catch or things to look out for using zeiss or voigtlander for Leica? Understand there is no 6bit coding and hence metadata is gone. But any issues with getting good accuracy, sharpness, metering etc?

    Please advise
    Never had issues with Zeiss lenses but I use an EVF most of the time though.

  6. #6
    Member Joshelerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    If I uses lightroom for edit, will there be ability to call out the lens profile for voigt and zeiss ?
    Just keep shooting

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    775

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshelerry View Post
    If I uses lightroom for edit, will there be ability to call out the lens profile for voigt and zeiss ?
    the color profile you can select the closest profile to the leica lens, e.g. 50/2, (use summicron).
    there wont be much difference tbh, unless you are using very wide angled leica lenses without coding. differences are very little.

    as to lens profile/color on post processing, there should be some profiles, someone may have created these, but not sure whether they are available for every single lens. (people use to have profiles for voigtlander ultra wide 15 4.5 v 1 & v2)
    M10|M6 Millenium|50mm f1 e58|35 f1.4 FLE|35mm f2 V1 germany|15mm V f4.5 VIII|50mm Zeiss f2

  8. #8
    Member Joshelerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    I suppose no issues with metering as well using non-leica lens on M series ?
    Just keep shooting

  9. #9

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Why would there be a problem? It is through the lens mettering

  10. #10
    Member Joshelerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Why would there be a problem? It is through the lens mettering
    Just to know more, what are the downsides of using non-Leica lens on Leica M ? more on functionality etc ... IQ of course down to specific lens ability.
    Just keep shooting

  11. #11

    Default Re: Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshelerry View Post
    Just to know more, what are the downsides of using non-Leica lens on Leica M ? more on functionality etc ... IQ of course down to specific lens ability.
    for film leica m I think it is perfectly fine to use other m mount lens other then those from leica.
    For digital M, I have no idea as I don't own any of those so I cant give you an answer for that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •