Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 'Boring Forum' thread gone MIA?

Default Re: The 'Boring Forum' thread gone MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I have given names to him that only befitted him. You have still not shown why he did not deserved to be given his proper names. You are getting to be quite good at throwing smoke screens.
    my dear student,

i have to beg to differ again. his proper name is his actual name, which is used by everyone who knows him. OTOH you are the only person here who calls him "hypocrite", "bigot" etc.

Therein lies the difference between you and me. I respect all the moderators. But I do not necessarily have to agree with them. They have the final say in how they want to deal with this. And I will respect their authority to do so. But I may not agree with them. I won't "fight" them. But I will point out issues for them to consider.
    good. i'm glad you respect all the moderators. that means you retract your insinuation that togu was "unwise".

You seem to be those who run when "trouble" brews.
    which is why we are having this interesting and protracted discussion, i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    my dear student,

it really is very simple.

you made an erroneous remark in this thread: "Up to the point till you posted your warning, the only "Offensive Name Calling" was "Moron" made by Kah Heng."

i pointed it out: "my dear student, i humbly beg to differ.
    you did call him a "hypocrite", "bigot", "gear head" and a "peddler for olympus"....

and you eventually admitted it: "Calling someone a hypocrite and bigot and gear head and oly peddlar when all that is clear is putting that person in his place. You have yet to show that what I had written had no basis. "

which proves that my original post in pointing out your mistake was correct.

you should have admitted right up front that "up to the point till you (togu) posted your warning, the only "name calling" was "moron" made by kah heng and "hypocrite", "bigot", "gear head" and "oly peddler" by student."

Ah, so that was your point? Brilliant! Another wonderful smokescreen to divert from the real issue, which was Audiobean's inflammatory remarks on Singapore and CS forumers. I am sure you have very good reasons to allow Audiobean to call your country and fellow photographers names. I am BTW, not a Singaporean.

If that was your way of defining "calling names", I admit my guilt.

But I see it differently from you.

I will not hesistate to call a hypocrite a hypocrite, when calling the person a hypocrite clarifies what the hypocrisy is all about. I will not hesitate to call a person a bigot if what he had shown was bigotry.

You can call this calling names. I call this rightful nominal tags.

And BTW, you can remain in the category pf people Audiobean despises.

I will not give him that pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by forward
    Most people who are active here in this forum have deviated from their original good nature.
    I commend you on your belief in our original good nature. I hope it is not mistaken.

This is an unusually quiet night in Sydney. I told my wife that I feared of another terrorists' attack in the lull.

Little did I know the attack coming from another quarter was on the very foundation that this photo community based on: respect, friendship and help. We would be in the danger of becoming a lesser man in the process of winning battles in the net.

my dear student,

i have to beg to differ again. his proper name is his actual name, which is used by everyone who knows him. OTOH you are the only person here who calls him "hypocrite", "bigot" etc.
    And don't you think his "actual" name is only a smokescreen? What a name! Beans in the hearing! His actual name! You are getting more *****by the minute!

While his actual name may not be hypocrite, these "names" certainly described him well.

good. i'm glad you respect all the moderators. that means you retract your insinuation that togu was "unwise".
    Young zaren, again you confuses respecting authority from the illusion that authority are always right! When will you learn?

In this instance. I feel that togu was right to ask names calling be dropped. But his next statement "if you want to quarrel, go to a real kopitiam" is in my opinion, uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I commend you on your belief in our original good nature. I hope it is not mistaken.

This is an unusually quiet night in Sydney. I told my wife that I feared of another terrorists' attack in the lull.

Little did I know the attack coming from another quarter was on the very foundation that this photo community based on: respect, friendship and help. We would be in the danger of becoming a lesser man in the process of winning battles in the net.

How would you suggest that respect, friendship and help be cultivated?

By condoning a recalcitrant member who waltz in and inflamed others?

my dear student,

Since I do not know him at all, do I address him as "audio" or do I call him "bean", or does he still prefer to be addressed as "audiobean"?

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Are you afraid to call a spade a spade? Do you know the meaning of words?

A moron is someone of sub-normal intelligence. The way Audiobean twists and turns, and complete turnabouts showed him to be quite in possession of his mind. It is others who cannot see this who might deserve the name "morons". Wonder who these people are?
    Just to clarify if I may, I think that definition of "moron" that you are using here is rather literal which wasn't I had meant. My use of the term was actually derogatory or disparaging which is more of the layperson way of using the term.

Hrm... inititally I wanted to apologise for making that "beng" statement "Want to quarrel, go to the real kopitiam". That kinda sounds like asking all parties involved go to a kopitiam, take parang, chairs, bottles and shut each other up. My bad.

NOw after reading more posts, I decided to keep that line, but with little modifications.

Want to quarrel? Go to the real kopitiam, sort it out, get a beer, some chicken wings, chill!"

With that, I'm closing this thread. Sincerely hope that you guys can get a day out, have a drink, give each another a tight slap for giving me so much trouble, and go take some nice photos after that.

ToGu
    Kopitiam Moderator
    Last edited by togu; 12th December 2005 at 10:27 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123