Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

  1. #1

    Default newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    This is my first macro shot outside my house using 50MM 2.0.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=166144

  2. #2
    Senior Member hhho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Good shot!
    try to reduce the flash power on the insect a little bit.
    It is one good macro lens
    Last edited by hhho; 11th December 2005 at 03:05 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    try includling most of the insect. one feeler is cropped. i agree with hhho, less flash. better still, no flash if lighting permits. a tripod will help greatly.

    and i'm jealous. i want the 50mm! how much did u get yours for?

    here's one of mine taken with the 50-200 and cropped:

    Last edited by KrY0LiT3; 11th December 2005 at 07:46 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Nice picture you have there.

  5. #5

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Thanks. Your picture is too good man.I paid S$829 (installments for 2 years) in cathay photo. Still in learning curve.

  6. #6

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    haha thanks for the flattery. 829? wah. i'm hoping to get my hands on a second hand one. $$$ problem lah.

    raptor: u're a competitor for the 50mm i want!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by abhivachan
    Thanks. Your picture is too good man.I paid S$829 (installments for 2 years) in cathay photo. Still in learning curve.
    I am tempted to go on credit for this lens too. Macro shots need light lens, telephoto is abit heavy to use.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore (Jurong West)
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by selamatlzh
    I am tempted to go on credit for this lens too. Macro shots need light lens, telephoto is abit heavy to use.
    ...heavy I can carry for u what !

  9. #9
    Senior Member hhho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by abhivachan
    Thanks. Your picture is too good man.I paid S$829 (installments for 2 years) in cathay photo. Still in learning curve.
    I paid the same price about a year ago.
    This is how i make use of it with teleconvertor EC14



    Cheers,
    Patrick Ho

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by hhho
    I paid the same price about a year ago.
    This is how i make use of it with teleconvertor EC14



    Cheers,
    Patrick Ho
    Good one, I can hardly get close to any butterflies with a 180mm macro and you can get so close to one with a 50mm + 1.4ext ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  11. #11

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    here's my bad attempt in the butterfly shot

    Last edited by abhivachan; 12th December 2005 at 08:43 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member hhho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by abhivachan
    here's my bad attempt in the butterfly shot

    Not bad at all.
    Keep shooting and you will improve over time.

    Chhers,
    Patrick Ho

  13. #13
    Senior Member hhho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Lacewing Butterfly

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    Good one, I can hardly get close to any butterflies with a 180mm macro and you can get so close to one with a 50mm + 1.4ext ?
    It is one of the friendly butterflies I encounter so far.
    So friendly that it can rest on my little index finger and allow me an one-handheld shot.
    It is truely an one-handheld shot, one hand holding my camera and the other index finger supporting the lacewing butterfly.
    By the way, it is not 1.4ext.
    It is teleconvertor EC14 to get me 70mm focal length
    Cheers,
    Patrick Ho
    Last edited by hhho; 12th December 2005 at 09:45 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by abhivachan
    here's my bad attempt in the butterfly shot

    no such think as a bad attempt lah! lol. every attempt is a learning process. everyone is constantly learning. so dun be so self-critical! every picture has always something to improve on. in my opinion, there's no such thing as perfect composition lah. take a look at the macro pics around and find ur own style.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    GagalandCloud9
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0


    Bro dont mind if i play around with your pic.'s perspective and explore the possibilities.
    Last edited by chainsmoker; 12th December 2005 at 02:54 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Lacewing Butterfly

    Quote Originally Posted by hhho
    It is one of the friendly butterflies I encounter so far.
    So friendly that it can rest on my little index finger and allow me an one-handheld shot.
    It is truely an one-handheld shot, one hand holding my camera and the other index finger supporting the lacewing butterfly.
    By the way, it is not 1.4ext.
    It is teleconvertor EC14 to get me 70mm focal length
    Cheers,
    Patrick Ho

    hey patrick

    i've seen ur gallery. nice butterflies u got there! your exif for some pics show some shots were taken wif the ex25 and e tele. how's the setup like? do u focus with the zoom? i'm thinking of getting the tube for my 50-200. it's cheaper than the 50mm. do you prefer the tc over the extender for the 50mm?

    btw cropping and orientation does make a diffence. =) shoot on!

    kelvin

  17. #17

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by abhivachan
    Thanks. Your picture is too good man.I paid S$829 (installments for 2 years) in cathay photo. Still in learning curve.
    Why not wait for the 35 macro? Thread mention it's half the price of the 50 mm.

  18. #18

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by abhivachan
    This is my first macro shot outside my house using 50MM 2.0.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=166144
    This one is taken with EX-25 on a 14-45 lense. Before and after.




  19. #19
    Senior Member hhho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: 40-150mm telephoto zoom lens

    Quote Originally Posted by KrY0LiT3
    hey patrick

    i've seen ur gallery. nice butterflies u got there! your exif for some pics show some shots were taken wif the ex25 and e tele. how's the setup like? do u focus with the zoom? i'm thinking of getting the tube for my 50-200. it's cheaper than the 50mm. do you prefer the tc over the extender for the 50mm?

    btw cropping and orientation does make a diffence. =) shoot on!

    kelvin
    Another zoom lens I always carry with me is 40-150mm telephoto lens
    With the combination of EXT25, it gives good working distance for shooting butterflies and dragonflies compare to the combination of 50mm & EC14



    The combination of 40-150mm with EC14 would be good for shooting birds and animals





    I choose 40-150mm over 50-200mm because of its handheld capabilities and also cheaper price.
    I think the combination of 50-200mm & EXT25 would be even better provided handheld is not problem to you otherwise monopod or tripod is necessary.
    Happy shooting
    Cheers,
    Patrick Ho
    Last edited by hhho; 12th December 2005 at 08:16 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: newbie macro shots - using 50MM 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsmoker

    Bro dont mind if i play around with your pic.'s perspective and explore the possibilities.

    looks nice. Thanks a lot my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •