Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega Mattress

Default Re: Mega Mattress

Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    I guess u're half right ... But, it doesn't make me want to buy a mattress from their store.
    Where do u want to buy from then? Frist thought would be?

I think the ad although not very classy done by those top ad agencies, it targets the correct group of people that will be attracted to such "no frills", non-intimidating ad. Regardless of their pricing, it will be perceived as lower priced, affordable kind of image. And if this is the image or consumer perception they are projecting, in that sense I think they had done a great job. Also, I think the bosses are aware of the ads going around before they decide on such a presentation.

From a consumer stand point the ad sucks but on a business and marketing stand point the ad works in that it stands out from the millions of ad you see everyday (will at least pple here singled it out and remembers it). The effect of marketing might not be immediate but if it leaves an impression on you, its better than not registering anything in your mind at all.

However, going further, they will have a hard time changing the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    Actually in Austrailia, many advertisements features the boss in it. It is quite popular, especially in small towns like Rockhampton.
    Very common in American where it all got started... they even have ambulance chaser lawyers doing their own TV ads too in the most distasteful way. But I guess they work well to attract all the trailer trash americans rednecks...hehh

Oh and by the way...never think that your regular ah beng and ah lian or the aunty are not discerning in their appeal toward ads. They can be refine too with what appeals to them. It might not be very high brows but they are not all that dumb consumers. Ads like what we are bitching about can go down rather bad too with them. They might laugh at it but still go shop in Orchard. Why do you think most old brand or old jewelry shops have been going through alot of image changes in the last few years. Anyone notice that...you see that of old jelwery store in HDB souping up their looks, brand new name, images..etc to cater to the changing lookout and level of appeals of their audience. They are still appealing to the same group of consumers but the know that group has evolved and they are simply adapting to keep them coming and buying.
    Last edited by sammy888; 12th December 2005 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    I bought a single matt from them before. The Guy is the boss and the lady is his wife. I was served by the wife when i was there few years ago. Their price a bit more expensive compared to other shop.

Of course it will be expensive. You have to factor in the fact that they have to cover their commercial air time. The ad production may be a cheap but air time is NOT!.

If I were their competitors... I would open up a unit next to them and shout my prices out. Once they attract customers to their store via the TV ads..they will go compare their price to mine and come over to buy my cheaper mattress...and I still keep my store image reputation...without spend a cent to do any TVCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Where do u want to buy from then? Frist thought would be?
    Robinson's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12