Thread: How to minimise image quality loss in PS?

Default How to minimise image quality loss in PS?

Hey guys,was wondering how to minimise image quality loss when editing in PS..

My camera can only produce pictures in JPEG so what should i do if i wanna reduce the quality loss when editing?

Should i save the file in TIFF & then edit? Because i understand that when i keep editing in JPEG,the file will get recompressed again resulting in loss of image quality.

Need advice...thanks!

Default Re: How to minimise image quality loss in PS?

Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn
    Hey guys,was wondering how to minimise image quality loss when editing in PS..

My camera can only produce pictures in JPEG so what should i do if i wanna reduce the quality loss when editing?

Should i save the file in TIFF & then edit? Because i understand that when i keep editing in JPEG,the file will get recompressed again resulting in loss of image quality.

Need advice...thanks!
    Don't open, save, close, open, save, close .......many many times.

Or if it's important shoots, convert all to TIFF, and always keep the originals
    eat. drink. shoot

Default Re: How to minimise image quality loss in PS?

Open Jpg, edit and save in psd.
    If needs flattened image, then save in jpg(loss quality) or tif(no loss in quality)

If need changes, always go back to your psd copy, never make changes to jpg and resave...