Thread: sensor ccd scratched

Default sensor ccd scratched

this pictured was taken when i want to check for dust on my ccd. it is taken at f32 with flash at a blank wall. after auto level, i found these lines. i change lens but still the same. i tried a longer exposure and move my camera around to make sure that they are not details of the wall but still the same. are they scratches on my ccd sensor?

Oulu, Finland, Finland

Default Re: sensor ccd scratched

ur best bet will be to go to the service centre and have a check.
    did u do any cleaning like using swipes before?

Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

They look like tiny fibre. I have had that before numerous times and I got rid of it myself when ever I clean up my CCD sensor. Try using a blower to see if you can get rid of it or move a bit. YOu should bring the camera to the dealer to get it checked out. Hopefully it just some tiny fibres because to change that sensor is not a cheap thingy since it is the heart and soul of the camera.

could be dust...

doesn't look like a scratch. try blowing it and see if it comes back

actually i noticed it long ago but did not take it to heart. recenty, i did some cleaning using Sensor Clean from visible dust. after clearing, i realised that the lines are still there. that's i afraid that the sensor has been scratched when i first received it.....