Thread: Need urgent help!

Default Need urgent help!

Wanted to buy a digital camera for use mostly in automatic mode and that has above 3.4M pixel. Budget is only S$300. Can any user recommend a reasonably good camera on an urgent basis as I need to buy it immediately before I fly to Australia on 13th Dec. Thk u everybody.

Default Re: Need urgent help!

Quote Originally Posted by dgeralds
    Wanted to buy a digital camera for use mostly in automatic mode and that has above 3.4M pixel. Budget is only S$300. Can any user recommend a reasonably good camera on an urgent basis as I need to buy it immediately before I fly to Australia on 13th Dec. Thk u everybody.
    check it out at http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/

not many choices at $300

There is hardly many models to choose from unless you get those lower quality non-brand stuff and even then...you still need to factor in the memory modules you need to store your shots. If you are going on a trip and you dont't have some external storage like a notebook or some external Harddrive device that let you download the pictures you shoot with the camera, you will run out of space really quick. Usually the memory module they give you with the camera you buy is very very small in size.

So with $300...you will find yourself pretty much better to stick to 35mm filme Point & Shoot. Given your budget and maybe if you are not familiar with digital cameras...you might run the risk of not getting much good shot during your holiday since you have to spend time learning how to use it. Frankly speaking $300 can't get you anything reasonably good or reliable in my view.
    Last edited by sammy888; 11th December 2005 at 03:27 AM.

I remember Sony S40 is now selling at about $310, 4M pixel, Carl Zeiss lens.

There is one model from Canon A410 3.2megapixels selling for $299.00 everywhere. Go to www.dpreview.com or www.dcresource.com to take a look.

Cheers....

Look in the "Buy and Sell" thread.