Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hooray...e500 here i come...

Default Re: Hooray...e500 here i come...

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    Trusting my hands to hold the 150mm beast. However, I need a good recommendation of a tripod/monopod and I hope all the brothers here can assist me.
    hmm... i think i need to "borrow" it for a few days so i can properly assess which tripod/monopod to recomend...

Small and fast, at f2.0, I think this 300mm equivalent is going to be one of the best lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    Trusting my hands to hold the 150mm beast. However, I need a good recommendation of a tripod/monopod and I hope all the brothers here can assist me.
    hm. i have a gitzo 1197 acratech setup which serves me well. you want can meet up to try your setup on my tripod if u want. its max load is 4kg but i've tried overloading and no problem. would recommend it heavily if you like to travel light. have u weighed your heaviest setup possible wif your equipment?

there's a gitzo acratech on sale in this forums now i think. go check it out.

things pple often neglect when lookin for in a tripod are the height w/o center column and general "feel" to it. dun buy a tripod unless you feel happy about using it. the usual weight specs arent everything. dun forget that your tripod head adds height AND weight too.

happy shopping stephen!

cheers
    kelvin
    Last edited by KrY0LiT3; 14th December 2005 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks! Need people like you to come down to CP and help me get the tripod .

Quote Originally Posted by KrY0LiT3
    hm. i have a gitzo 1197 acratech setup which serves me well. you want can meet up to try your setup on my tripod if u want. its max load is 4kg but i've tried overloading and no problem. would recommend it heavily if you like to travel light. have u weighed your heaviest setup possible wif your equipment?

there's a gitzo acratech on sale in this forums now i think. go check it out.

things pple often neglect when lookin for in a tripod are the height w/o center column and general "feel" to it. dun buy a tripod unless you feel happy about using it. the usual weight specs arent everything. dun forget that your tripod head adds height AND weight too.

happy shopping stephen!

cheers
    kelvin

Quote Originally Posted by ykkok
    Small and fast, at f2.0, I think this 300mm equivalent is going to be one of the best lens.
    It is the best telephoto prime lens available, period.

BTW, how much did you pay for it, Hacker?

hey guys, what brand of LCD screen protector is recommended for the e500.
    man, all this nitty-gritty stuffs are slowing burning a hole in my shrinking pocket...filters la, screen protector la, Me1 la,etc..... wa pengsan liao...

just bought a lexar 80x 1GB yesterday for $70 (traded the unopened Kingston)
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

They allowed u to trade in the kingston!
    was it CP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    was it CP ?

nope....somewhere in amk....only a 1-off favor fr lao pan niang...
    i long-time supporter
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    was it CP ?
    Hey, just sell the Kingston 1GB... which was what I did... can fetch at least $80 brand new and certainly, the amount to top up for a Lexar/Sandisk hi-speed card is <$50. I only topped up $20.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Hey, just sell the Kingston 1GB... which was what I did... can fetch at least $80 brand new and certainly, the amount to top up for a Lexar/Sandisk hi-speed card is <$50. I only topped up $20.
    Extreme III need to top up with just $50?

Hi all,

I get my E-500 from SITEX Harvey Norman for $1599 with 12months instalment at no additional charges.

I request them to change the card to 1+1 Scandisk Extreme II at no additional charges also,
    they free for me 58MM KEEP UV and also screen protector and the freebies as advertised.

I brought my E500 at Alan Photo and they asked me whether I wanted to top up $30 more to exchange the Kingston for a Lexar CF card which I did.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234