Thread: HDD recovery

Default HDD recovery

Hi

The HDD in my notebook died. It cannot be detected on bios. I transferred it to an external USB casing and it cannot be detected either.

Does anyone know where/how much it cost/ possibility of recovering the files (photosssss) in such a HDD?

Default Re: HDD recovery

if the failure is hardware failure, you may be looking at the least of $1K to do the recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbuff
    Hi

The HDD in my notebook died. It cannot be detected on bios. I transferred it to an external USB casing and it cannot be detected either.

Does anyone know where/how much it cost/ possibility of recovering the files (photosssss) in such a HDD?
    Go to the following web site for information on Hard Disk Recovery: http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/05/..._a_head_crash/

Go to the following web site for the Singapore company that has this service: http://www.cbltech.com.sg/

Good Luck.

omg....$1k.... no choice photos from 2001 until now all inside.... why me? Lucky not the aids virus.

Yeah its not cheap. Cost my $800 recently to save the data in my drive, and even then, I didnt get back all of it. Still...it was my essays I have to recover for no $ can replace them...sighz...
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Always a good practice to backup ur data. I backup everyday & this practice has served me well across several notebooks & crashes. I practically re-create another environment with all my important stuff within a day.

Although, I would lose all my manga & anime . Can't back those up... too big liow.