Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Photo from PC to Apple

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    56

    Default Photo from PC to Apple

    Hi, will be getting an Apple iMac, how do I transfer all the photo in my PC to the iMac? Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    How ah? Just transfer loh.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  3. #3
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    copy to CD/DVD/Ext HDD or network

  4. #4
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    Just use an external hard disk or CF card or thumbdrive, etc ( any removable storage)
    eat. drink. shoot

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    huh? Just copy lor.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Just use an external hard disk or CF card or thumbdrive, etc ( any removable storage)
    I'm trying to avoid buying an external hard disk. I got about 20G of photos and video in my present drive. Will it be possible to buy a HD casing for the PC HD and use it as a external HD? Can the iMAC read the HD? Thanks

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoNik
    I'm trying to avoid buying an external hard disk. I got about 20G of photos and video in my present drive. Will it be possible to buy a HD casing for the PC HD and use it as a external HD? Can the iMAC read the HD? Thanks
    yes, its possible

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    Does your PC have a network card?? If it does, then get a peer-2-peer network cable for abt $5, set up a mini network bet the 2 computers, make sure ur original folder is set to be shared, and voila ... Can copy over liao

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Photo from PC to Apple

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    Does your PC have a network card?? If it does, then get a peer-2-peer network cable for abt $5, set up a mini network bet the 2 computers, make sure ur original folder is set to be shared, and voila ... Can copy over liao
    Thanks, I think this is a cheaper alternative to the external HD casing. I will try this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •