Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to NOKIA.

Default Question to NOKIA.

Feedback to NOKIA (from me): "I would really like to have the option of deleting multiple SMS Delivery Reports at one go. My previous 6220 can do that (Delete All Reports option) but my newly acquired 6230i cannot. Seemed like a step backward."

Reply from NOKIA: "With regard to your inquiry, unfortunately the option to delete multiple SMS Delivery Reports at once is not available on the Nokia 6230i. Nokia mobile phones are targeted at different market segments, including age groups and budgets and hence, the features provided on phones will be reflected accordingly. Additionally, the design and functionality of Nokia mobile phones are also influenced by Nokia's business decisions. Nevertheless, we thank you for the feedback and hope you will continue your valued support of Nokia."

Here's the point that I don't understand - I believe that both the 6220 and 6230i belong to the same class, hence targets at the same market segment. Then why is that function removed? Furthermore, from the reply, seems like NOKIA places that function to be a very expensive one, hence the reply. Come on, IIRC, even the NOKIA 6110 has that function.

Comments?
    Last edited by Canew; 9th December 2005 at 02:39 PM.

Default Re: Question to NOKIA.

In short, dun get Nokia.

I've given up using Nokia since 5 years ago.

Blog Entries

write again back to nokia lor... tell them both its in same class

Called them up already. Spoke to them already. They said that they will take this as a 'Valued Feedback.' ...
    Give up...
    So, now LL lor. Delete reports one by one lor. Or disable the Delivery Reports option.

Blog Entries

i think write in better because those people in call centre will just anyhow reply to you.

But is it necessary to use delivery report for you? If not just turn that function off for your convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by zeith
    But is it necessary to use delivery report for you? If not just turn that function off for your convenience.
    I know that, thanks. But I needed it to confirm that the opposite party have received it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    I know that, thanks. But I needed it to confirm that the opposite party have received it.
    I thought that delivery report only tell you that your phone company have get the SMS and not your friend that have get the SMS.

Feedback to NOKIA (from me): "I would really like to have the option of deleting multiple SMS Delivery Reports at one go. My previous 6220 can do that (Delete All Reports option) but my newly acquired 6230i cannot. Seemed like a step backward."

Reply from NOKIA: "With regard to your inquiry, unfortunately the option to delete multiple SMS Delivery Reports at once is not available on the Nokia 6230i. Nokia mobile phones are targeted at different market segments, including age groups and budgets and hence, the features provided on phones will be reflected accordingly. Additionally, the design and functionality of Nokia mobile phones are also influenced by Nokia's business decisions. Nevertheless, we thank you for the feedback and hope you will continue your valued support of Nokia."

Here's the point that I don't understand - I believe that both the 6220 and 6230i belong to the same class, hence targets at the same market segment. Then why is that function removed? Furthermore, from the reply, seems like NOKIA places that function to be a very expensive one, hence the reply. Come on, IIRC, even the NOKIA 6110 has that function.

Comments?

looks like they gave you a '10-year-series' reply

never interested in N*k**

Hello Moto????
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by alan1996
    I thought that delivery report only tell you that your phone company have get the SMS and not your friend that have get the SMS.
    I am on M1. If I were to send a SMS to another M1 phone, I will be able to see whether the SMS is received or not. Eg.: if the phone is off, the delivery report status will show 'Pending.' But the status will be changed to 'Delivered' once the phone is switched on, and the SMS is sent to the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    looks like they gave you a '10-year-series' reply
    A crap reply, that is what I thought. But, I've gave up chasing this matter.

A crap reply, that is what I thought. But, I've gave up chasing this matter.
    Think otherwise.. at least you get an reply.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Think otherwise.. at least you get an reply.
    Wah! Positive thinking eh!

Wah! Positive thinking eh!
    Toward a more healthy lifestyle mah..

I also gave up hope on Nokia liao! I still can remember the incident that happens many years back when I bought a Nokia 8855. I discovered some reception problem just a few days after I bought the phone and bring it to Nokia to do a one-to-one exchange. Guess what? They told me Nokia have no one-to-one exchange policy and instead they offered to service my phone. I lan lan lo...so after a few days happy happy went back to collect my phone and discovered that they had scratched my phone!!! I am very unhappy and make a fuss that they should change the whole casing (metal casing) for me. They promised to change for me but later when they pass back the phone to me, I discovered that they had not even change the casing but just bluff off the scratch marks and some scratch marks can still be seen!!! So now NO MORE NOKIA PHONES FOR ME!!!
    I bought a Motorola L6 a few days back and I discovered a blue line across the screen, went to MotoServiceOne today and Motorola did a one-to-one exchange for me without even me requesting for one!!! And I am a very happy and pleased Motorola user!!!

Comments?

I do face the same problem. Used 6220, can delete all the delivery reports at once but changed to 7260, then this problem occurs. So annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ong_23
    I do face the same problem. Used 6220, can delete all the delivery reports at once but changed to 7260, then this problem occurs. So annoyed.
    So, what do you do now? For me, I have no choice but to disable the Delivery Report option.
    Last edited by Canew; 16th December 2005 at 08:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast