Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e500 vs KM D5D

Default Re: e500 vs KM D5D

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesthruthelens
    Color tone.. with ps now, almost everything can be done.
    In conclusion, buy your favourite camera brand
    agree....almost everything can be PSed but I do not have the time and patience to sit in front of PC to ps.....
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Quote Originally Posted by ernie_ng81
    bro, ul never find urself feeling all sore over losing 2k for the E-500 cuz its worth more than its pricing! its that good!!! just the sound of the shutter wanna make u orgas already! haha... if 'not gettin any tonight' , hey at least the E-500 is always open for u! anytime man!

aiyo...i'm kinky but not that kinky leh......

Haha...u looking at getting E-500 or 5D? its 2 different classes of DSLRs. If i could, would have gone for 5D too since its full framed and all. but right now, ahhh....E-500 just makes me orgas pretty much
    Last edited by ernie_ng81; 9th December 2005 at 09:05 PM.

Again, I see people use the term 'Crop factor' ?! Most camera review site now uses a more proper term focal length conversion.

There's no Crop Factor for 4/3 lenses mounted on 4/3 sensor. 1:1 match !!

DX lens on DX sensor also 1:1, because DX lenses are designed for DX sensors.

There's no extra area to be cropped when we use the same format lenses on the same sensor.

Unless we mount Olympus OM lenses on 4/3 system, then, yes, some area's been cropped.

Why nobody ever mention, the crop factor for Medium or Large format lenses on Full Frame 35mm body? What's the crop factor then?

Why 35mm if considered 'Full' and what about Medium and Large format? Double, triple or Quad Frame?
    Last edited by ykkok; 9th December 2005 at 10:41 PM.

most people like to view focal length of digital system in focal length of 35mm film bodies. probably some are still using film lenses on digital bodies without knowing the disadvantages of it.

Forget it lah... no point trying to explain to these folks whose minds are still stuck in 35mm legacy technology.

Just enjoy what we are enjoying, the joys of having a 4/3 system that works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Forget it lah... no point trying to explain to these folks whose minds are still stuck in 35mm legacy technology.

Just enjoy what we are enjoying, the joys of having a 4/3 system that works really well.
    ya....forget about all these technicalities....as long as a cam is able to perform according to the shooter's expectations, that's more than enuf....be it N/C/F/KM or O.

But for me, I', more of a F or O guy....

leave all the tecky mumbo-jumbo to the pros and experts....If they cant agree of the preferred systems, what about us???
    Like what tao says, just enjoy ....

Hiee...

Have experienced handling the E-500 and the D5D based on my past classes. Both the camera are great to handle, the "loud" shutter sound on the D5D....is i think over-exaggerated.....No doubt the feel of plasticky on the D5D - which is actually a lightweight advantage of the camera.

Something that i realised that could have improved on the E-500. Scrolling speed of the Aperture/shutter values is a bit sluggish - with some minor delay as you scroll. You cant scroll that fast and the numbers does not change fast....

Both cams use a "press button + scroll to change value" type of user inter face. Better if have dedicated two scroll dials like - faster operation.

Other than that......both meets the function and price point. Output and color control.
    E-500 has a 60sec long exposure shutter setting as oppose to the usual 30sec on DLSR...

rgds,
    sulhan

i might have mistaken but isnt there a function for IR B&W in e-500?

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2
    i might have mistaken but isnt there a function for IR B&W in e-500?
    Not IR but yes, it does have a very nice B&W mode, in which digital color filters can be set to achieve different effects, exactly the same as when I was shooting monochrome film with my Nikon FE2 back then.

And to sulhan, I do agree that 2 dials, one front and rear is preferred. Don't understand why all the entry level DSLRs have only one dial.

actually the E1 has 2 dials. I think it cost similar to the E500, if you factor in the lens. Just slightly more expensive. I hope people will consider E1 in their purchases as it has its own advantages and disadvantages. I met a lady in the oly workshop with a E500 who said she did not know the E1 was so cheap else she would have gotten the E1 instead.

The "one dial it all" is for ppl like me who like shootin in AP or S, it suffice. Though i wish it has a cable release function, additional slave flash function etc.

Would have gotten the D5D for the AS, high iso capability if not for some downside which is impt. for me.

Also, no doubt the E-1's weatherproofing n shutterlife is top. But at 1.4x the price of e500, with abit of topup i can get 2 e500. Failing rate is then pretty low, option to fix 7-14mm on one and 50-200 on the other. Quite a nice dream
    Last edited by chainsmoker; 12th December 2005 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Not IR but yes, it does have a very nice B&W mode, in which digital color filters can be set to achieve different effects, exactly the same as when I was shooting monochrome film with my Nikon FE2 back then.

And to sulhan, I do agree that 2 dials, one front and rear is preferred. Don't understand why all the entry level DSLRs have only one dial.
    I think, camera in this class are designed for all level of users. Not everyone likes gadgets with many buttons - as they look intimidating to them.

Just like mobile phones, not everyone likes those with lots of features.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    actually the E1 has 2 dials. I think it cost similar to the E500, if you factor in the lens. Just slightly more expensive. I hope people will consider E1 in their purchases as it has its own advantages and disadvantages. I met a lady in the oly workshop with a E500 who said she did not know the E1 was so cheap else she would have gotten the E1 instead.
    agreed. the e1 price has been fallin. it used to be 3800+ new 2 yrs ago. now 2nd hand got pple selling 1800. new i think is 2200+. lens wise i think nothing's changed much. but i havent been keeping up wif e prices tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KrY0LiT3
    agreed. the e1 price has been fallin. it used to be 3800+ new 2 yrs ago. now 2nd hand got pple selling 1800. new i think is 2200+. lens wise i think nothing's changed much. but i havent been keeping up wif e prices tho.
    looks like the long rumoured E-1 replacement coming very soon. every shop here I go ran out of stocks and say it has EOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12