Thread: Naming of Hiv blood donors

Lightbulb Naming of Hiv blood donors

the naming of hiv blood donors. i am wondering if it is necessary to name them. it is almost like public shaming, taking into account the 'negative' societal attitudes towards this disease. would it help the cause of attracting more donors if the cases were mentioned with the names of the affected donors remained anonymous. your comments?

Default Re: Naming of Hiv blood donors

lagi got pictures.

anyway,
    would u remember them?
    may only their first layer of contact.

there is anonymous testing done, but truth is, everybody know already... a set of the records is being stored...

anyway, even if u name them, will we remember those thousands of names? best is to tattoo on the forehead rite? HIV positive... other than that... whats the point? there is so many ppl with same names...

seriously speaking thou, the last time i went to wanna do a blood donation, the lady there look so skeptical that she keep asking all the sex questions repeatedly... its not my fault that i look like a sex machine do i? and strange enuff... nobody believes that i dun go clubbing or pubbing and never went to a fish tank...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    there is anonymous testing done, but truth is, everybody know already... a set of the records is being stored...

anyway, even if u name them, will we remember those thousands of names? best is to tattoo on the forehead rite? HIV positive... other than that... whats the point? there is so many ppl with same names...

seriously speaking thou, the last time i went to wanna do a blood donation, the lady there look so skeptical that she keep asking all the sex questions repeatedly... its not my fault that i look like a sex machine do i? and strange enuff... nobody believes that i dun go clubbing or pubbing and never went to a fish tank...
    tattoo!

re the lady in question,
    could she be interested??

well, we most likely won't remember them, but their friends, relative, colleague will (opps, now got jail term still can get their job back or not?).
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

HIV is not like flu. Can't take it so lightly. If they donated blood knowingly then they did an incredibly irresponsible thing, they should be made to realise the seriousness of their act.

I had met doctors in the past who were pretty dismissive/uncomfortable where the 'money-for-sex' part is concerned. Its just a simple, "You never had paid sex?" and she ticks & signs off.

No doubt, asking u many times may make u think u appear like a sex maniac, but since u knew its a necessary procedure, why bother?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ... nobody believes that i ... never went to a fish tank...
    this is interesting.

Oiii, u sure u dun look gay

jokin,

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Oiii, u sure u dun look gay

jokin,
    tat 1 female doctor lor... anyway she's not my cup of tea... i love milk...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

maybe it's the colour of your hair

actually they ask the question quite matter-of-factly hor. macam ask a million times liao - like a robot

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    the naming of hiv blood donors. i am wondering if it is necessary to name them. it is almost like public shaming, taking into account the 'negative' societal attitudes towards this disease. would it help the cause of attracting more donors if the cases were mentioned with the names of the affected donors remained anonymous. your comments?
    IMHO? For those people who donate blood despite knowing that they have HIV and gave false information to the hospital(s)?

Yes I think the hospital and the press should put up their names & photos on the papers and maybe consider putting it up on the news as well. Contracting HIV is no joke. When a person contracted HIV, what is the first time that comes to our mind?

"Yeah, the bugger probably caught it by making too many trips to Geylang or Batam".

But sadly, the receiver had to suffer because of the donor's irresponsible and selfish action. Not only the person have to live with HIV for the rest his/her live but suffer under scrutiny of everybody and other unthinkable consequences.

"Yeah but who's gonna remember even if we put it up on the papers"? Loads.

Not long ago, Oprah Winfrey put up 2 photos of child abusers on her show, requesting her viewers to keep a look out on them. Within a few days, those guys were caught, thanks to her viewers who watched the show.