Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with this guy??

Default Re: What's up with this guy??

Cathay Photo and other camera shops also bought cheaper from the distributors/manufacturers and sell at higher prices. Nikon uses raw materials to make into a lens and sell for profit.

Anyone complains?

anyway, i think the thread starter should let this go..

afbug has listed a very good example...

here mine...

if A sell his car to B when the market is bad, obviously $$ exchange would be less.. then B decided to sell away ( 1 week later ) when the demand is there and make a profit of 2 times more than wat A got when A sold to B.. so i think this is normal...

relax.. let it go...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

i think that guy (i dont know him btw) has every right to sell the lens at a higher price that what you sold him. i dont think its morally wrong either. you probably sold the lens below its value.

Bro, I not buy from you yesterday and sell it today.
    I am not a businessman.

If I will to list the price at your sold price and somebody willing to offer
    me a much higher price to secure the deal as he think it is worth the price..
    So what you gonna do again?
    Must I reject the offer because I bought at a lower price or so?

Furthermore, I never claim that I am the 1st owner and do I need to list out the
    history of the lens since you never listed to me when you sold it to me?
    As long the lens is in good working condition, no fault, who cares..
    Unless you sold me a problem lens which I don't think so as I had use it once
    without any problem.

Why nobody want to complain about those shops las per other stated above?
    Why nobody want to complain about those 2nd hand lens dealer that buy your lens
    and sell at a mark up price??

I also sell and buy many items in B&S or other places.
    I don't mind paying a higher price then the seller RP or paid for when he bought it from
    another seller previously just to secure the deal if I want or need or felt the items are
    worth what I am paying for.
    And if am selling and want my sale to closed faster, I willing to sell at a lower price and
    what the buyer gonna do next, is none of my business. Cos that is my agreed price and
    this is a free market and all are human who know how to think.

Please lah, stand up.. look & move forward..

I should be asking.. What are you up to??

I will let the Admin & others to decide..
    Last edited by donchua; 9th December 2005 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Cathay Photo and other camera shops also bought cheaper from the distributors/manufacturers and sell at higher prices. Nikon uses raw materials to make into a lens and sell for profit.

Anyone complains?

I agree with you. To add further to it....same goes for those second camera shops....The shop owner will try to get as low a price for the camera from you and then sells it away with a markup profit. Just that this shop owner runs a shop buying/selling, it is still not that far difference from an individual doing it like this guy called MyNikon.

If you are willing to sell at the price you think is fair and you are happy with it. Tough luck if his buyer in turn manages to sell it off at a higher price then what you got paid. The guy made money thus jealousy and regrets creeps in? That is justifiable? If so then ...what if after buying over from MyNIkon and the next moment..someone robs the buy of the lens and MyNikon found out about it. Would MyNikon return at least part of the money to him?

Live and learn....

Quote Originally Posted by arowana
    I pity the threadstarter , post out what his feelings and get flamed for doing that. Just because the guy who sell is one of the "active" member in the forum, so everyone on his side.

See things objectively,to be fair to both side .
    Bro, cannot say like that leh.. nothing to do with "active" leh..
    I do buy & sell quite regularly...
    Then must I come here to post my feeling now and then when I found out that
    the buyer had sold the item he bought from me at a higher price or I had paid
    a higher price for a item when I found out that similar items is selling at a lower price
    by others in B&S?
    Or I bought from shop A at a price and found out later that shop B is selling cheaper
    for the same item?
    Hope I not talking too much..

Well, what I did was just looked and moved forward...
    And life will get better..
    Last edited by donchua; 9th December 2005 at 01:42 AM.

at the end of the day, its donchua who pitches a better deal den u. some may say dat its unethical of him. but its not like he sold off a spoilt a lens at a more expensive price right? now dat would be another story altogether.
    cmon... let it rest.
    christmas coming hehe.
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

And to generate some animosity towards myself, the thread starter has obviously crashed into someone else's selling thread, interfering with his sales. Now the seller's reputation and probable sales (and profits, if any) are compromised.

There are many people out in e-bay who buys and sells for profits. They buy at high risk from low point sellers, and sell at high price to people who need seller's guarantee. And they profit, simply from reputation alone. This is the nature of business.

I pity the threadstarter , post out what his feelings and get flamed for doing that. Just because the guy who sell is one of the "active" member in the forum, so everyone on his side.

nobody is flaming anyone...just most of us feel its childish..MOVE ON!!NEXT TIME ULL BE SMARTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    I dun see how this can be morally wrong.

Its a free market what. Its Supply vs Demand that determines the price.

I don't think its stated anywhere that the Buy/Sell forums are not meant to generate a profit for the sellers.

Yeah.. Lor... Dun see anythin wrong with dat s now he owns it.

i bought my 300mmf4 USM L I.S. from an old friend for just $1100

i can sell it to diehards @ $1700 and rip off $600

but i am keeping the lens because the quality is so good

end of the day it up to whats more important to u

I think a seller wud hav checked e market price b4 putting a tag to e item he is selling n definitely gauge e condition too.

So long his price is not more than a brand new set, I think itz alright...

This is not about MyNikon nor donchua.
    Theirs was probably a commercial transaction.
    So we will not comment further on that.

Just relate to you a documented comment in Amatuer Photographer 27 Nov 2004 issue
    interview of Ian Berry, a famous shooter.

Quote]
    A few years ago I sold an M2 for 200 to a guy in London. Two years later it was sold at Sotheby's as one of my cameras for 6,500. Now my wife won't let me sell any of my old cameras, adds Ian with a smile. [UnQuote

If a close relative (say, a uncle who dotes on a person, let us call him AAA) hears that AAA likes photography and "sells" to AAA, his expensive $3,000 camera for a token sum of $200.
    Then 1 week after, AAA adopts the legal line of thinking that "so what, I am now the owner of this camera, who asked uncle to sell it to me cheap, the bloody fool, I can do whatever I want and sell this camera at $3,000 on e-Bay. And if he feels bad about it, that's his problem."

Well, my opinion is that this is in extreme bad taste.

And I do pity AAA because he has no character or sound values.

U want u sell, he happy he buy.
    Now u no more the owner right? The ownership's transferred to him.

So if he wants to sell (for lower or higher), ppl happy ppl buy. Not happy dun buy.

Wad's it gotta do with u in the first place?

Since donchua's got a clear conscience to that and is willing to list out who owns the lens before as long as the fella ask, why not? Its not say he brazenly claims that its first-hand, he's first owner and den ppl gong-gong go and buy thinking its new when its 2nd hand.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

this is a free world
    get real.
    lets not kick up a big fuss ..
    its happens not just in camera equipment but in about almost every thing in this world..

It's nothing to do with "active" member or not.
    Complaining about this, is plain stupid. So no wonder everyone seems against the thread starter.

There is NOTHING wrong with reselling second hand item. It's just the previous owner feel stupid and desperately blame the buyer who resell it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNikon
    I just can't believe what this guy is up to.
    Trying to make a $100+ profit on a lens which he isn't the first owner of?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...10#post1723310
    As many has already pointed out, once you sold the lens it is not your business anymore what the new owner does with that.

Your post in the ad is in violation of CS guidelines and that is the reason they were deleted by the moderator. The same goes for your post here.

This thread is hereby closed. Please observe CS guidelines to help promote a harmonious online community.

Thanks!

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12