Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: my First Choice brand battery report

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default my First Choice brand battery report

    i used 4x First Choice AA batts yesterday to shoot my bro during his prom night. used in sigma DG500 super flash.

    i fired only about 50-60 shots at almost full power cos i was using bounce. tehre was no discernible difference as compared to when i used my sanyo 2500mah batts in terms of recharge time.

    the batts are still going strong and unfortunatly i have no way of indicating how long the batts last in my sigma flash as i have no compeltely exhausted it yet.

    but for $4.95 for 4 batteries, i'm not complaining. but i would certainly bring backups always.

    P.S you can get it from Shop and Save supermarkets.


  2. #2

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    was looking for it but couldn't find it......only found the charger pack......which shop N save did you buy it from?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    er.. Jurong East

  4. #4
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,124

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    mm... Cold Storage looks like more ex. Must go Jurong east liao....

  5. #5
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    lol. Everyone go jurong east.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    i used 4x First Choice AA batts yesterday to shoot my bro during his prom night. used in sigma DG500 super flash.

    i fired only about 50-60 shots at almost full power cos i was using bounce. tehre was no discernible difference as compared to when i used my sanyo 2500mah batts in terms of recharge time.

    the batts are still going strong and unfortunatly i have no way of indicating how long the batts last in my sigma flash as i have no compeltely exhausted it yet.

    but for $4.95 for 4 batteries, i'm not complaining. but i would certainly bring backups always.

    P.S you can get it from Shop and Save supermarkets.

    You mean the brand of the battery is "First Choice" ? Not rechargable battery like Sanyo rite?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    haha yah brand is "first choice."

    wah...now u all go chiong. i better chiong 2 more sets first.

  8. #8

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    You mean the brand of the battery is "First Choice" ? Not rechargable battery like Sanyo rite?
    Its First Choice rechargable 2100 NIMH batteries. First choice is an OEM product of Cold Storage, Shop N Save and Giant.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    wow.... that is damn cheap for 4x 2100 NiMh batteries sia. Going to get 2 sets later tonite. Thanks for the info man. ^_^ Cheers.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    ehh...nonono. the ones i bought were 1600mah for $4.95

    i didnt see any 2100mahs around. does 'first choice' have 2100mahs? how much are they?

  11. #11
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,124

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    ehh...nonono. the ones i bought were 1600mah for $4.95

    i didnt see any 2100mahs around. does 'first choice' have 2100mahs? how much are they?
    Even at that price, it is considered cheap.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    er.. where is shop N save in jurong east?

  13. #13

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    ehh...nonono. the ones i bought were 1600mah for $4.95

    i didnt see any 2100mahs around. does 'first choice' have 2100mahs? how much are they?
    Oops, must have mixed up with the 2100 i saw that comes with the charger.

  14. #14

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    value for $

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: my First Choice brand battery report

    Shop n Save at Jurong east is near the CPF building. its at the other side, facing the condominiums.

    not too bad la. i used in my flash, then transferred to A95, then now using in torchlight for a camp tt ill be going for today. still going strong

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •