View Poll Results: Do/Would you encourage your child to believe in Santa Clause?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

7 21.88%
  • nooooooooooooooo

18 56.25%
  • maybe

7 21.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do/Would you encourage your child to believe in Santa Clause?

Default Re: Do/Would you encourage your child to believe in Santa Clause?

I would encourage if I ever have kids

Cos kids nowadays really dont know abt childhood fantasies like wat some of us do in the past.

Like some of the forumites mentioned earlier, they believe in the goodness of Santa Clause n the goodness the world has to offer.

Christmas is a season of sharing n giving, esp sharing joy n love with the less fortunate. n personally I feel that this goodness should continue generation after generation

Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    Do/Would you encourage your child to believe in Santa Clause?

Let's take a poll and discuss!
    If I have a kid, I will not exactly discourage him/her from believing Santa Claus. I mean, c'mon, how many years can the child continue to believe Santa Claus? Kids these days are exposed to the mass media, especially the TV; they are much smarter than what most of us perceived.

Furthermore, if the child goes to school like any other normal children do, they will also receive exposure from their classmates, i.e., what they think and what they say.

IMHO, when a child believes in Santa Claus, I think it reflects on their innocence which parents unfortunately don't realize that it only lasts for that several years in their lives.

Plus, Santa Clause does not mean loads and loads of presents. It is a fable for children that children who are good will be rewarded and those who aren't will get coal in their stockings. Most children don't understand the law and how the society works. The story of Santa Claus is just a story for children to behave properly.

Unless the believe of Santa Clause's existence continues until to their young adult years, then I think it would be worth concerning, which I think with the way our society works these days, I really think such cases are extremely rare.

This question is one of those, whether a glass is half empty or half full.

Peace,
    _mich_

Cant stop them from experiencing part and parcel of growing up, getting know of santa ruldof and chicken little, but I will balance it by telling them the goodness of God rather than santa. People have build up imagery good santa, when the good person is Jesus, the person who taught about genuine giving, but has been drowned by a watererd down version of what goodness means.

Theres is much more significance in the giving of quality time and self which will naturally bring gifts. Chritmas is just a reminder for these things to be practiced daily not just during Christmas. Teaching us and telling us about making sacrifices.
    Last edited by Tsangstudios; 9th December 2005 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12