Thread: My very first shots... take a look!

Talking My very first shots... take a look!

http://www.pbase.com/behyx/first_time_shots

comments and critics are appreciated.

all taken on a Minolta X-700 film SLR

I like your escalator shot... nice symmetry to the entire composition. But is it me or is it ever-so-slightly out of focus, possibly camera-shake? Was this a handheld shot?

On your specs_macro shot, I think a smaller aperture (larger f/stop number) would be better suited for this kind of shots. Otherwise, you'll only get a very narrow depth-of-field... unless that was what you were trying to achieve in the first place. After all, the variations in the pasta's orientation and the light play on the three different colours seems to be the main goal of the picture.
    Last edited by SzennyBoy; 4th November 2002 at 01:22 AM.

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
    I like your escalator shot... nice symmetry to the entire composition. But is it me or is it ever-so-slightly out of focus, possibly camera-shake? Was this a handheld shot?
    all hand held shots, because i haven't got my tripod yet.. i think it must be camera shake.. the others 20+ pics (that i didnt upload) are blurish.. hehe...

Your composition is not bad, you have already passed a major obstacle in good picture taking! Depth of field could be better and the pics could be sharper, but it is quite hard to take subjects up close without camera shake and without using a tripod. I like your shots though, and as a fellow mechanical camera user, know how so much depends on the user. Keep it up!

Originally posted by Gunjack
    Your composition is not bad, you have already passed a major obstacle in good picture taking! Depth of field could be better and the pics could be sharper, but it is quite hard to take subjects up close without camera shake and without using a tripod. I like your shots though, and as a fellow mechanical camera user, know how so much depends on the user. Keep it up!
    thanks for the comment

will post more up soon!

Originally posted by behyx

thanks for the comment

will post more up soon!
    What lens did you use?
    I have a x-700 too.. heh.

Originally posted by SNAG

What lens did you use?
    I have a x-700 too.. heh.
    Minolta 28-70mm 1:3.5-4.8 55mm
    saw also HOYA, SKYLIGHT(1B) but what does it represent? haha