View Poll Results: Film users: what's your roadmap for 2006 and beyond?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will still be using film all the time, in near future

17 22.67%
  • I will be changing to fully digital

6 8.00%
  • I will be using both film and digital.

48 64.00%
  • Always film. No intention to go digital in 2006 and even in future.

4 5.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Film users: what's your roadmap for 2006 and beyond...

Smile Re: Film users: what's your roadmap for 2006 and beyond...

Will stick to Film for Photo to print more than S8R size.
    Digital shoot for fun.

Default Re: Film users: what's your roadmap for 2006 and beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Hi Bob,

Got girls coming over?
    Of cos it will cum bikini shoot....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman
    Of cos it will cum bikini shoot....

That's all!?

I am disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by student
    That's all!?

I am disappointed
    arh, then i change to artistic models liao. So u coming right?

I switched form digital P and S to film for learning and because its cheaper to start out =p Film makes to think and pla n your shots because you need to predict how its gonna turn out
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by waileong
    Funny, so many people profess to use film, but when I go CS model shoots, I am always the only film user around, and people actually pity me ("Eh, give him a chance, he still shooting film lah")...

It's a pity most digital users don't understand the true cost of using digital, and don't know the advantages of using film-- in fact, some people don't even know how to use film, they are so scared of using film cameras because they have no instant feedback, they are so lost because the yhave no idea how the picture will turn out...
    mayb film shooters dun like 2 go model shoot?

FYI, i nv go model shoot. let others compare lo. in d end its jus a tool/toy, wad matters most is tt u r happy using it.

Still shoot digital at work and use films for leisure. My wallet doesn't grow fatter if I switch to fully-digital mode.

Will be delving more into NPS and Ilfords this year.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

i shoot film and slides before switching to digital. though i am able to get near-film and near-slide like results with digital, nothing beats the original medium especially slides.

like many of the points already mentioned, shooting film and slides does really horn your skills in exposure and composition. especially with slide which can be very unforgiving for overexposures.

for those who went straight into digital, you don't know what you are missing till you try it out.

don't wait already, go out and borrow a film slr and pop in a roll of film or slides and try it out.

Will shoot film when travel due to FF, able to ultilise true wide angle for landscape.

Also due to battery. Imagine I have to bring charger and extra battery for my trip if I use DSLR. For SLR, I save on weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo
    shooting film and slides does really horn your skills in exposure and composition. especially with slide which can be very unforgiving for overexposures.

for those who went straight into digital, you don't know what you are missing till you try it out.
    I agree with jfoo. Digital is too "commercialize", too easy and too editable. It makes me a slacker.

Shooting with film is like going back to my roots and appreciate the finer things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ppl like me who used Digital den Film, will still embrace film...

lets hope velvia, provia won't get discountinued...
    see many people writing about Velvia, is this a 35 mm film, where can I find it? can't seems to find them in your everyday printing shop in Malls

velvia is a slide film from fuji. you can try cathay photo or ruby. if they don't have on hand, you can request them to order for you. no harm keeping a few rolls since the expiry is usually two years down the road.

keep the film refrigerated in the warmest area of your chiller to keep them fresh. take it out about two to three hours before you want to use it and let it reach room temperature without opening from the box. this is to prevent condensation on the film itself.

i usually remove them from the fridge before sleeping if i am shooting early in the morning.

just a note of warning: do a yahoo about this slide. it is a very contrasty and punchy slide film that is best slightly overexposed instead of underexposed as per rule of thumb for slide films.

for example velvia 50 is best shot at iso40 instead of iso64 as you should with normal slide film. there's also velvia 100 as well and the recommended is iso80 instead of iso125 for normal slide film.

or better still. run your own test and see which works better for your metering system (camera or handheld).

processing (diy with slide developing kit) or through cathay, ruby or send it down to rgb opposite prince/jade cinemas at beach road.

if time permits, try developing it yourself. all you need is the chemical kit, a developing tank and a dark bag to load the film into the tank. nothing beats doing it yourself and you get a lot of satisfaction from it.

I will be using both film and digital.

Fully digital...

Dont like the idea of sending for developing.
    Rather do my own "digital developing".

forecast is still film. just got new addition to family, XD-7, no digital in sight...
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Digital for shots that require more urgency, film for slow paced leisure work like personal projects etc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12