Thread: Saying my prayer ....

Default Saying my prayer ....

Taken at the Golden Mount, Bangkok.

This lady is cool. she was already there saying prayers when I got up. and is still saying her praying when I left. its around near 11am and its HOT! (err .. I mean the temperature), I'm just beginning to melt.

a good photo which conveys...but it'd be better if there's no distraction (i.e. wall) beside de woman (but can't be helped...) or get closer a bit....

Default Re: Saying my prayer ....

If I were U in that situation, I might wan to consider to zoom in on the praying lady 1st.

Then follows by a pics taken of the lady and the status which she is praying to (Not sure, whether this will be feasible).

Hence the whole storyline will be more complete.

i was thinking oso that you might consider shooting from a lower angle...so that you'll get rid of the cityscape.....

Originally posted by Jimmy Liew
    i was thinking oso that you might consider shooting from a lower angle...so that you'll get rid of the cityscape.....
    isomers007,
    I wanted to show the size of the golden mount relative to this lady. zoom in means I will lost this size distinction.

scanner,
    I did take another shot from her back (yeah yeah .. should have taken the front lah, anyway, I try not to disturbed her). I was already at the stairways when I took the shot below; you could see a bird cage, obviously she had release the birds to accummulate good karma .

the bird releasing it quite common, just like we releasing fish back to the pond. I find this an irony since these birds will caught again & caged for the same purpose; silly!

Jimmy,
    I had included the cityscape so show that this golden mount is situated up on the hill.

My opinion is that both pics had sucessfully conveyed the message as titled. The rest are the expression of the photographer: in the 1st pic the photographer is contrasting the size of the buddhist structure (bell?) against that of the lady, and the 2nd pic is showing more intimacy of the relation between the structure and the lady. Whether the pics have the "x-factors" is another story...