Thread: Camera Shopping in Shanghai

Default Camera Shopping in Shanghai

Just wondering, where to buy camera stuff in shanghai? Cant seem to find the thread

Default Re: Camera Shopping in Shanghai

I think Shanghai would be the last place I'd go & shop for cameras.
    All the cameras and photography stuff are cheaper in Singapore and Hong Kong (Even the Seagull ones!). Plus you know that you are getting genuine stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tush
    I think Shanghai would be the last place I'd go & shop for cameras.
    All the cameras and photography stuff are cheaper in Singapore and Hong Kong (Even the Seagull ones!). Plus you know that you are getting genuine stuff.
    camera stuff as in accessories light reflectors etc etc. anyway i have already found them

Huan Nong is the place to go if you want to shop camera in shanghai... near railway station the "simlim square of camera"

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat
    Huan Nong is the place to go if you want to shop camera in shanghai... near railway station the "simlim square of camera"
    yup already found that place... planning to get monopods and reflectors

Which train station is it near to? I am currenty in Shanghai, and will like to see if there are any cheap camera bags to buy here. pls advise.

Shanghai Train Station. Also the metro line for Shanghai Train station. Next to holiday Inn. The shopping centre faces the Shanghai Train centre. U will find tons of cheap china made bags and tripods.

Take the Shanghai Underground (Or whatever it's called) to "Shanghai Railway Station" Station. Take Exit 4, the building is above you once you reach street level. Take a right and walk through any of the shops before the street corner to enter the place. Go to the 3rd floor. Dont take the lift, simply takes too long

thanks, buddies! i will check it out in a couple of days time. weather is cold here, but cam is working fine. not much scenic pics to take though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    thanks, buddies! i will check it out in a couple of days time. weather is cold here, but cam is working fine. not much scenic pics to take though.
    Shanghai is good for street photography

Another place in Shanghai is the Xing Guang photo equipment market situated near to the intersection of Chang-Yang road and Dalian Road. I bought my Domke bag at a bargain here, including the EF24-105mm lens, a 1.4 teleconverter.

might be going there too! are Canon lenses and accessories cheap in Shanghai?

Quote Originally Posted by markloy
    Another place in Shanghai is the Xing Guang photo equipment market situated near to the intersection of Chang-Yang road and Dalian Road. I bought my Domke bag at a bargain here, including the EF24-105mm lens, a 1.4 teleconverter.
    Domke bags? How much are they selling over here?

BTW, in general, how much are the bags selling compared to SG, and what brands are there over in Shanghai?

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    Domke bags? How much are they selling over here?

BTW, in general, how much are the bags selling compared to SG, and what brands are there over in Shanghai?
    The cheaper ones are the local brands like safrotto and mekko which are abt 1/2 price compared to here? Lowepro and crumpler are not much cheaper than here. Think original stuff is slightly cheaper than here but dare nto buy anything else electronic cos if anything wrong cannot go back to exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Take the Shanghai Underground (Or whatever it's called) to "Shanghai Railway Station" Station. Take Exit 4, the building is above you once you reach street level. Take a right and walk through any of the shops before the street corner to enter the place. Go to the 3rd floor. Dont take the lift, simply takes too long

Here's a picture of the Shanghai Railway Station.

are computer stuff cheap there?

got to be careful in shanghai. in the space of one month, i have 2 friends losing their compact digicams to pickpockets at nanjing road (the shopping road there).