Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a good gaming PC < $1.2k

Default Re: Recommend a good gaming PC < $1.2k

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    amd gaming rigs dont use stock heatsink + fan Arctic freezer64 or XP90 plus silentcat both cool and quiet and less than $100
    No lah...watercooling out of the question....tooooo ex!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel
    No lah...watercooling out of the question....tooooo ex!!
    both are air cooling solutions fyi

amd gaming rigs dont use stock heatsink + fan Arctic freezer64 or XP90 plus silentcat both cool and quiet and less than $100
    ppl on budget lor... anyway, when u install these... dun buy normal casing leh... abit wasted...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ppl on budget lor... anyway, when u install these... dun buy normal casing leh... abit wasted...
    slowly upgrade casing not impt if not going to o/c the wind dynamics only matter when you o/c

slowly upgrade casing not impt if not going to o/c the wind dynamics only matter when you o/c
    eh normal metal casing is not good lor... u put these kinda cooling device, heatpipes etc... without a good aluminium casing & such... also useless, heat gets trapped inside... CPU cool, hdd overheat & die unnatural death... or Ram over heat... mobo overheat...

wanna buy, den 1 shot get the best... psu must get 400w & above... silent kind.. christmas can sing Silent Night.... with a pin drop also can hear type...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

interesting... how about a dual core p4 2.8ghz ($450), 2 SLI gfx cards ($250x2), 1GB ram ($150) & a motherboard that supports these 2 ($200)?

the rest of the parts you could still keep anyway.

eh normal metal casing is not good lor... u put these kinda cooling device, heatpipes etc... without a good aluminium casing & such... also useless, heat gets trapped inside... CPU cool, hdd overheat & die unnatural death... or Ram over heat... mobo overheat...

wanna buy, den 1 shot get the best... psu must get 400w & above... silent kind.. christmas can sing Silent Night.... with a pin drop also can hear type...
    I got better solution use ikea shoe rack everything exposed

Quote Originally Posted by Horsba85
    interesting... how about a dual core p4 2.8ghz ($450), 2 SLI gfx cards ($250x2), 1GB ram ($150) & a motherboard that supports these 2 ($200)?

is there any (or plenty of) game that support dual processor? (not those benchmark type... those off the shelve u play ones)

or u mean those Hyperthreading?

I got better solution use ikea shoe rack everything exposed
    i think u are better off putting the static mat on the floor, den your mobo just on top..

is there any (or plenty of) game that support dual processor? (not those benchmark type... those off the shelve u play ones)

or u mean those Hyperthreading?
    i see your point. then perhaps there's no requirement for the dual core. however, a dual gfx would really make a difference. i do more video and multimedia so i can really see the difference between a single and dual core. however, my main point is that there's no need to build a complete PC set as you've already got the harddisks and dvd-drives. just upgrade specific components and you can really cut your budget.

i see your point. then perhaps there's no requirement for the dual core. however, a dual gfx would really make a difference. i do more video and multimedia so i can really see the difference between a single and dual core. however, my main point is that there's no need to build a complete PC set as you've already got the harddisks and dvd-drives. just upgrade specific components and you can really cut your budget.
    that depends... for eg, buying a top notch processor & mobo, just to use back some older rams, performance will be compromised. same as using a old maybe ATA100 (if still have) hdd to use on a new system. maybe backup ok, as 1 for installation & running, really depends on individual... or maybe like upgrade rams... u got existing set of 512mb, maybe PC2400, den u upgrade wanna add another set of PC3200 512mb, u are wasting money, as it will still use the lower speed variant, so buy 3200 act like a 2400. anyway just a comparison.

each device interlink to one another... affecting their performance. with best GFX, with the slowest CPU, low ram, also become white elephant.

sometimes buy so much, i think go lan shop play better...

Quote Originally Posted by forward
    Ansel, with a little bit of flexibilty on the budget you can get a good
    Gaming PC using Asus motherboard and Intel Chipset. Just an
    additional of $120 more.

The fastest Intel CPUs get beaten by some of the cheapest AMD chips in gaming.

eh, amd not entirely that fantastic for gaming lor... on it 24/7 on the normal heatsink & fan try lor... althou i not a amd basher or intel supporter.. (i more incline towards amd actually...) if not for the heating issue & some stability issue, i'd fully recommend it... anyway its cheap, fast, raw... thats something i like... but u won't buy a gaming pc to just play game lor... gaming pc shelf life too short... after 6 mths can use it for typing documents already...

Heating and stability issues? What year do you live in? 2000? Nowadays, it's INTEL that has the heat and stability issues. AMD is getting all the kudos for it's stability and low power consumption.

Before you start posting nonsense and embarass yourself, please do some research, ok?

Not only will games see this as a single 2.8Ghz chip, but you'll consume 130+ watts for the CPU alone. I recommend you try to read some benchmarks.

Also, getting 2 6600 or 6600Gt cards, then the cost of an SLi motherboard, is quite a huge waste. You'll get better, more consistent performance by just buying a single fast card rather than 2 slow cards in SLi.

Oh no this is becoming a AMD vs INTEL flame war

AMD rules. Intel . My 2500+ XP is cooled only using heat pipes - 45C wonder how hot an intel p4 chip will be if cooled the same method

Oh no this is becoming a AMD vs INTEL flame war

AMD rules. Intel . My 2500+ XP is cooled only using heat pipes - 45C wonder how hot an intel p4 chip will be if cooled the same method
    think rashkae was saying heating was 'better' in the 64bit era... 2500+ is a 32bit leh... anyway, really no other fan ar?

Klose & AMD Fanboy Alliance... DCA...

Hello everyone.....< $1.2k remember? I appreciate both AMD and Intel recommendations, but please no flame wars here. We are having a friendly discussion.

Thanks to all who have given their recommendations so far.
    Last edited by Ansel; 7th December 2005 at 10:07 AM.

Hello everyone.....< $1.2k remember? I appreciate both AMD and Intel recommendations, but please no flame wars here. We are having a friendly discussion.
    hehe... maybe u might wanna state in your 1st post... no degrading remarks...

Thanks to all who have given their recommendations so far.
    No matter what budget you're at, getting an A64 system will be faster in most applications, especially games, than an equal-priced Intel system. And A64 chips are faster in Photoshop too.

Plus you save on the power bill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast