Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Photography

Default Re: Night Photography

i also find the westin one a bit dark.

but i prefer the raffles without auto curves. the auto version is too cool/blue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    westin has flairing. did u use the hood? stopping down more can also help. i feel that the pics r 1/3ev too dark, but thats just my personal preference.

i tought ur curve adj was well done(haha but its auto rite) some lost shadows were recovered, like between the words [raffles hotel] and the x'mas decorations
    nope i did not use hood. Was on aperture priority (f/10 and the shutter took 15 sec with no exposure compensation) I do came across recommendations to use +0.3 EV though.

Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    i also find the westin one a bit dark.

but i prefer the raffles without auto curves. the auto version is too cool/blue for me.
    i also prefer the one w/o auto. i suppose there will be times when the auto results in completely diff effects that is not close to wat we actually see.

"what we see" isn't always what we want to *create*. it's up to you how you want to interpret the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by jnvk
    nope i did not use hood. Was on aperture priority (f/10 and the shutter took 15 sec with no exposure compensation) I do came across recommendations to use +0.3 EV though.
    nikon dslrs r generally abit dark. i mostly shoot +0.3 to 0.7

Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    u need vr
    Indeed, I was considering buying a lens with image stabilizing to replace my kit lens, but decided to instead buy a telezoom. Sometimes I still look back and wonder if I made the right decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12