Thread: xxxger : which tv is better?

Deregistered

Default xxxger : which tv is better?

hihi ...

Intend to get one flat-screen color tv and put in bedroom to watch DVD. No money to buy LCD lor ... =(

Was considering these 2 model :
    1) 32" flat Wide screen ... =)
    http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/t...cs_32z30he.asp
    model : CS-32Z30HE

2) 34" normal flat screen
    http://www.panasonic.com.sg
    model : TX-34P800M

Dun know which one is better .... anyone using the above model ? please help ... thank ya

Default Re: xxxger : which tv is better?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    hihi ...

Intend to get one flat-screen color tv and put in bedroom to watch DVD. No money to buy LCD lor ... =(

Dun know which one is better .... anyone using the above model ? please help ... thank ya
    Samsung has come a long way in recent year to stand toe to toe with the big boys. Panasonic is one of the big boys. I have had 2 before and the colour is pretty good. I personally favor the Sony Trinitron flat screens though.

Is this your first 34" wide screen? My advice is if you can, go visit those large electronic store and try to look at both and see what you think. Large screen TV is not like the smaller 21" The pixel tend to be larger so if you view it upclose, it might be not as sharp as you might think This also depend on whether you are looking at each brands to see if they are the high end models or not. In term of reliability, most TV built today can last a long time without problem. When watching a DVD movie at the store try to to look at solid black. With a good screen, they tend to be ..well...black...with not so good quality screen, black can come out looking like dark brown. I have a Toshiba 34" in my hall while I have my Sony 21" in my room. How big is your room? Trying to place 34" in a small bedroom is a big challenge if you want to place it at the bottom portion of your bed. And some people also say having a reflective surface that is almost mirror like is not good to face the bed..in feng shui sense that is heheheh.

Take whatever advices and views as you can get from users here but do visit the store(s) Go to difference ones. 34" is still not a cheap buy so you need to get your reserach done. But it will not be hard really...TV technology has matured and rather stable. You should also be looking into other features as well like multi system, nicam, aux in and out, digital signal processing, quality of DVD play back if that is really your main interest,warranty period, picture mode, sound quality..etc.

With what you might have to pay for this mammoth 34" TV you could get a relatively good 21" LCD and have it wall mounted in your room.
    Last edited by sammy888; 6th December 2005 at 10:46 AM.

use laptop

15" is enough

I think that pretty big for room unless you got an huge room with at least 3m viewing distance from the TV, if not better consider getting a smaller one.

your just a cat....

watch what tv?!

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    your just a cat....
    write properly, please! write 1000 times, "You are just a cat..." Takes time to understand what you are trying to write...

You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.You are just a cat.

anw "your" sounds alrite lar...slang slang abit

please delete that away leh,people asking serious question you fooling around.
    school holiday also don't need like that.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Samsung has come a long way in recent year to stand toe to toe with the big boys. Panasonic is one of the big boys. I have had 2 before and the colour is pretty good. I personally favor the Sony Trinitron flat screens though.

Is this your first 34" wide screen? My advice is if you can, go visit those large electronic store and try to look at both and see what you think. Large screen TV is not like the smaller 21" The pixel tend to be larger so if you view it upclose, it might be not as sharp as you might think This also depend on whether you are looking at each brands to see if they are the high end models or not. In term of reliability, most TV built today can last a long time without problem. When watching a DVD movie at the store try to to look at solid black. With a good screen, they tend to be ..well...black...with not so good quality screen, black can come out looking like dark brown. I have a Toshiba 34" in my hall while I have my Sony 21" in my room. How big is your room? Trying to place 34" in a small bedroom is a big challenge if you want to place it at the bottom portion of your bed. And some people also say having a reflective surface that is almost mirror like is not good to face the bed..in feng shui sense that is heheheh.

Take whatever advices and views as you can get from users here but do visit the store(s) Go to difference ones. 34" is still not a cheap buy so you need to get your reserach done. But it will not be hard really...TV technology has matured and rather stable. You should also be looking into other features as well like multi system, nicam, aux in and out, digital signal processing, quality of DVD play back if that is really your main interest,warranty period, picture mode, sound quality..etc.

With what you might have to pay for this mammoth 34" TV you could get a relatively good 21" LCD and have it wall mounted in your room.
    Hi Sammy, thank for your LONG input ....

Ya lor ... this is my first 34" big TV going to get ..... but alot people telling me, bedroom dun put too big lor ... but i think it is quite shiok to watch DVD on a big screen right ?

Actually i already have a 21" Sony in my room since 2001, but i am thinking to 'upgrade' it since the TV now are really so cheap .... hehe

Btw, i really trust Fengshui wor .... should cover the TV with a cloth when not watching .... thank for reminding me ...

Deregistered

At first i tot my PC screen have problem ...... cos so many cat appear !!!!
    then when i refresh a few time, still so many cat there ... wow lau! You really eat finish liao nothing come out is it ? haha
    Btw, when is your PSLE result come out ? work hard and get into a good secondary school nexttime, ... and of course, do more thing meaningful to life wor ...
    Last edited by xxxger; 7th December 2005 at 02:38 PM.

hihi ...

Which model are you from your avatar.. the green 34c or the red 30a..
    i go sleep liao...

Hi Sammy, thank for your LONG input ....

Ya lor ... this is my first 34" big TV going to get ..... but alot people telling me, bedroom dun put too big lor ... but i think it is quite shiok to watch DVD on a big screen right ?

Actually i already have a 21" Sony in my room since 2001, but i am thinking to 'upgrade' it since the TV now are really so cheap .... hehe

Btw, i really trust Fengshui wor .... should cover the TV with a cloth when not watching .... thank for reminding me ...
    No Prob....

I once tried to put the 34" TV in my room to try out if I should still keep to the 21" ,29" or 34". I personally am a "TV always on when home" type of person by the way (information addict)...that means once home...click..PC's on.. click TV's on. A 34" is really big that it is very overbearing heh. It took up a big chunk of my room space which is about 15feet x 8 feet. I have a queen size bed and a reasonable work desk for my PC...so after spending about a week with the 34" in the room..I gave up. For one thing never watch the TV with the room lights off...that huge screen is glaring. And bad for your eyes.I can normally fall a sleep watching TV but with that 34" or 29"..it keeps me up. I might still consider a large screen tv in my room but if that is so..I might be more willing to take on a LCD instead. With the saving in space it might work better. True watching DVD on a large screen is great but it would be great if it was letterbox screen and not watchign a letterbox format on a normal aspect TV where you are missing the top and bottom portion..than you really feel short changed. But hey..if it works for you..go for it.

As for pricing well...that depends on what brand and what level of functionality is built into the set you are looking at. The Toshiba in my family hall is about $3.700 brand new but it has like picture in picture, great sound speaker, multi-system, Nicam and digital ready..etc But if you are looking at the entry level 34" then it might lack certain features & yes...visual quality and it is still pricey though prices has come down and when you buy a TV you are hoping it will last for at least 5 yrs..so if you are quite the DVD movie and tech fan..you might want to consider other future format that is emerging ( and already being incorporated in some present day TV models) like digital HD input..etc. Very soon Blue Ray (the next DVD disc and format) will be out..some higher resolution screens are coming out to take advantage of all those more hi-definition playback. There is also the sound quality. If the Tv does not product good enough sound you might end up having to put in a AV system too ...which mean taking up more space.

Btw..I tilted the screen sideway off at an angle from my bed so my image does not reflect on it when I am not watching the tv heh. The side tilted is good too as I get to watch the tv while I am working or surfing the net on my PC. I could have gotten a 29" but that time I was considering setting up a twin CRT monitors sytem for my PC. So you could imagine...total chaos. So it was a matter of having to think alittle further ahead with some stuff we buy. And the TV is one such item. Good luck on your search.
    Last edited by sammy888; 7th December 2005 at 11:00 AM.

haha...eh i nxt year sec three liao still wad psle?! anyway i recommend panasonic just no nid so big lar happy chosing

hihi ...

cat should play with mickey mouse, not watch tv loh..hee ee
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil: