Thread: My Thoughts

Default My Thoughts

it has been a long time since i have posted but need not worry, i am not going to ask technical question or even ask what to buy.

I just want to share the my thoughts on photography.i just started this hobby just 2 years back.And i remember looking with envy at the great pictures that other clubsnappers took.i did not realised how much i had to learn from everyone.but still i was fortunate to meet some friends and follow this forum and pick up a little somthing from everyone.

however i will always remember someone telling me that we must not forget that the key in photography is to capture the moment.So looking back after countless of shots and another harddisk for storage. I realise the joy of being there and taking pictures.The pics need not to be great or perfect ,I just feel really happy that i was there.Be it on a holiday or my son's party or a friend's wedding or even just some sprite in a glass.It has been really fun and I will continue to look forward to continue taking pictures(hopefully improving along the way)As I feel that this what photography is about. It is like a diary of our lives but of images that we see and capture.

Cheers and Merry Christmas Everyone.

Default Re: My Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Idworks
    it has been a long time since i have posted but need not worry, i am not going to ask technical question or even ask what to buy.

I just want to share the my thoughts on photography.i just started this hobby just 2 years back.And i remember looking with envy at the great pictures that other clubsnappers took.i did not realised how much i had to learn from everyone.but still i was fortunate to meet some friends and follow this forum and pick up a little somthing from everyone.

however i will always remember someone telling me that we must not forget that the key in photography is to capture the moment.So looking back after countless of shots and another harddisk for storage. I realise the joy of being there and taking pictures.The pics need not to be great or perfect ,I just feel really happy that i was there.Be it on a holiday or my son's party or a friend's wedding or even just some sprite in a glass.It has been really fun and I will continue to look forward to continue taking pictures(hopefully improving along the way)As I feel that this what photography is about. It is like a diary of our lives but of images that we see and capture.

You know... I kind of agree with you too..!!

Merry Christmas to Everyone too..!!

Moved thread to a more appropriate location as it has nothing to do specifically with Nikon Cameras.

Ian
    Nikon Forum Moderator.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Lovely sentiments.

Merry Christmas to you too.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

from me...nuttin more need be said...

cheerios

you have discovered the true secret of photography...

we certainly forget the true meaning once in a while...thanks for the reminder

Hi there, Idworks. Long time no see!.. How are you? Hope you are doing well... and at the same time... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!! and keep on SHOOTIING!!!

In a nutshell, your post is what photography is to me... I told my friends that I took up photography as a hobby but that's not really precise.

Really it was to capture memories, my memories. Thank you for reminding me with your post why I am doing all this.

../azul123

Very well said.

But, then, many others are too obsessed with getting the perfect shot, with the best lens, sharpness, contrast, exposure, etc. To me, capture the moment is essential.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Very well said.

But, then, many others are too obsessed with getting the perfect shot, with the best lens, sharpness, contrast, exposure, etc. To me, capture the moment is essential.
    Read your signature...

Blog Entries

well said, i totally agree. not to forget the joy in the experience of taking the picture itself

Photos as memories captured forever in time..

Yeah, I kinda agreed with that thought!

thanks, been busy but agree that i must try to meet up with you guys soon by the way when do you meet, did go around spins once but did not see you guys there.

i think i need clowns help soon with the post processing

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Read your signature...

esp the second line.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    well said, i totally agree. not to forget the joy in the experience of taking the picture itself
    I share the same sentiment.

The process of taking a photo is such a pleasure. The act of picking up a camera is therapeutic and the curves of a black titanium camera body is so sensual to hug. Never mind whether the end result is sharp or not as the most pleasures in life invlove some form of shake.