Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malacca Trip

Default Re: Malacca Trip

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    sorry to hijack...but is it safe to carry your camera equipments and walk ard in places like Cameroon highands, KL, Port Dickson with a grp of 2 adults?

For KL, if you travel to the outskirts, just be more careful..

I just came back from KL.. Most of the areas around the city area is fine..

However, if you travel to Klang (on the outskirts), hug your stuff tight.. There are cases of motorcylist snatch thieves and well... According to my friend who used to live there (we were over there to get bak kut teh and to visit his God-ma), police response time is about 2 hours or so...
    It's really boh-cheng-hu in Klang though.. Seriously.. I saw only 4 rubbish bins around the entire area.. Everyone (and you're expected to) just throws the rubbish on the floor or the roadside.. No one bothers with anything..

Quote Originally Posted by trevor
    i'd highly recommand u to stay in mamosa hotel. a cozy, clean, and convenient 3 star hotel on bunga raya street. the room rate is about rm90 to 120 per night depend on what day you go. it is a steal even for malaysia like myself.

from there you could go to many interesting spots simply by walking around. and don't miss out my favorite 'pop piah' on the right corner of the hotel. i suppose this is the best starting point for anyone who has never visited malacca?

p.s. it is safe to wonder around with your camera alone. i've done it many times. but sometimes i find the street foods would stop me from taking pictures! beware
    Use to visit Malacca often. Ever stayed at Mimosa Hotel which is very convenient at reasonable price. A lot of eating places (coffee shop, hawker,...) nearby. Btw, are you refering to the road side "popiah" stall whereby they put a lot of pork lart????...tasty man ....really missed it

Sorry OT liao

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    sorry to hijack...but is it safe to carry your camera equipments and walk ard in places like Cameroon highands, KL, Port Dickson with a grp of 2 adults?
    Kao.. no not safe, the children there will slit your neck and take away your camera and take some picture of you while you are dying.., but that's not the worst, the worst is the baby will roll you over with there baby car and drag you along with it for mile and mile until you reach singapore custom than you're safe.

Stay at home sure safe..

Malaccan here. Born and raised!

Don't forget to check out Portugese Settlement. Go there to shoot some spectacular sunsets and then have dinner there as well. They've cleaned up the place recently and you can sit by the sea and watch the waves roll in as you feast on your seafood.

Another good place to makan and super cheap is this place called 'Muara Sungai Duyung'. A bit out of the way but if you have a car, worth checking out.

I like taking pics along heren and jonker street as well. If you are there, check out the art gallery by a famous artist - Jehan Chan. Internationally known and his work is Friendly guy too if you can catch him in his gallery. Doens't mind you taking pictures either. Was educated in NAFA.

Malacca got the best "Satay Celup".....

Don't miss it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12