Thread: Guest Book

Default Guest Book

Hi All .

I m looking for a guest book for a Friend wedding. not very sure where to get a good one.

Pls help as they could not find one that is good enought for them. As they need it this friday. pls help

Many Thanks

Default Re: Guest Book

Good luck ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77
    Hi All .

I m looking for a guest book for a Friend wedding. not very sure where to get a good one.

Pls help as they could not find one that is good enought for them. As they need it this friday. pls help

Many Thanks

They are pretty much hard to find and if your friends want something that is "good enough" for them...they might be out of luck. It also depend on their budget. I have had friends who wanted something special for that and have looked me to get them. ( hate being the creative and artistic person in any group of friendly network...always get stuck with such stuff to help with heheh) So I tell them to custom make one themselves.

This is where your friend can get creative. Frankly..by polling every married person in clubsnap and ask how many actually will take out the guest book to read often. RARE!. So no need to make a big deal about it unless you want to do it in a memorable way.

Here are some "free" ideas I can share with you and your friend lah if you want to take it as an alternative in case you still can't find the right guest book.

1) Want some special nice sofa cushion cover or sofa pillow? What you do is measure to size the fabric you need to make those cushion. Bring the loose sheets to the wedding dinner and get everyone to sign them and then once done up, gomake your sofa cushion or pillow. You can also custome embroid your weding details on it too. Makes a good conversation piece and as you use them in your home, it makes a nice memorable item to have around to remind you about your big day. Get good fabric proof markers though so it will not fade. And keep to dry cleaning. Add some borders to the pillor with all the names in the middle.

2) Similar to the above one, bring all your friends to bed with you!. Meaning..buy a nice bedcover or sheet and get everyone to sign on it. Get creative with it with the remarks. I have 2 friends who did this with satin sheets. Or Cut out small square sheets of cloth and then get guest to sign on them and then later sew them up to make a quilt blanket...better yet iron-transfer some of the wedding shots and include those as well.

3) This is abit more expensive in a way. Get a photo album with rings binders. Take out the plastic picture holders. replace them with black cardboard pieces ( not too thick though) and buy some clear plastic laminating plastic sheets. Get a Polaroid Camera and get your guest ushers to take shots of the couple or person..etc and get them to sign on the picture. gather all this pictures and paste them on each of the black card on both side and then laminate the entire card and then when you are finish with all of them. Bind them all to the photo album.

4) Make a long scroll with coloured rice paper like those used for chinese calligraphy. I made one for a friend with a dark red background and some gold trimmings. We use gold felt pen for the guest to sign on them. Once finish, just scroll it up and keep in a special wooden box that was bought that fitted the scroll size.

5) Go Green!. Collect enough real leaves and let the guest sign on them and then make your own custom guest book and have all the leaves pasted into them like what we did with idea (3) above. NIce would be to get those leaves that look like a heart shape.

Well some alternative ideas lah....just in case :0
    Last edited by sammy888; 5th December 2005 at 01:17 PM.

So long answer , the gist of it .?