Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Socket A for AMD

  1. #41

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    i just have a XP 2600+ 1.92G on the sff mobo..
    i have 2 sticks of 256 each.
    i just need more memory to do raw files work.
    no video card or sound card.. just using the inbuilt ones on the mobo..

    just too expensive sometimes to keep buying parts and more parts
    sell off the 2 256 sticks and get a 1 gb stick or 2 x 512 or better still get 2 x 1gb

    Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    going from 2600 to 3000 might not have a significant increase in processing power... yes no? i dont know.

    interesting point about me being able to use the semprons.
    what possible kind of semprons can i use?
    i will try looking into this..
    thanks
    go for a 3200+ chip shld be second hand ones arnd. The 2600+ is a Thoroughbred "B" changing to a barton core will be more helpful. I'm running the barton 2500+ on mine (It's one of the legendary ones that are highly overclockable)

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    sell off the 2 256 sticks and get a 1 gb stick or 2 x 512 or better still get 2 x 1gb



    go for a 3200+ chip shld be second hand ones arnd. The 2600+ is a Thoroughbred "B" changing to a barton core will be more helpful. I'm running the barton 2500+ on mine (It's one of the legendary ones that are highly overclockable)
    i am going to do that for my ram.
    i am trying to find 2x1gb

    i am out of touch with this world so pardon me.
    without o/c
    is the my 2600+ faster/same/slower than the 2500+ ?
    what is the difference between the barton and throughbred (just in brief)

    what do you o/c your 2500 to?

  3. #43

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    i am going to do that for my ram.
    i am trying to find 2x1gb

    i am out of touch with this world so pardon me.
    without o/c
    is the my 2600+ faster/same/slower than the 2500+ ?
    what is the difference between the barton and throughbred (just in brief)

    what do you o/c your 2500 to?
    Dont o/c on a sff. Your air circulation isnt good and will result in heat build up more over the heatpipe is for normal cooling purposes only.

    Tbred is on a 256k cache while barton is on a 512k cache.

    actually i forgot there's a 2600+ barton also

    tbred 2600+ -> 2083MHz

    barton 2600+ -> 1917MHz

    check properties under my computer to find the exact clock speed or use CPUZ

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    ahhh
    i see
    so you mean like this one?

    http://sg.hardwarezone.com/marketpla...&id=8739465235

    of course a faster one though...
    Last edited by haagen_dazs; 24th December 2005 at 12:25 AM.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    ahhh
    i see
    so you mean like this one?

    http://sg.hardwarezone.com/marketpla...&id=8739465235

    of course a faster one though...
    your 2600+ could be a barton core as well

    vr-zone forums is a good place to look for second hand chips avoid hwz classifieds

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    your 2600+ could be a barton core as well

    vr-zone forums is a good place to look for second hand chips avoid hwz classifieds

    oh it IS a barton.
    coz it shows as
    XP 2600+ 1.92Ghz
    oh goodie goodie...

    so i guess one of the highest is to get 3000+ barton or figure out how to get a sempron working...

    oh what is wrong with hardwarezone? this is the first time i heard of vr forums.. dang.. i am backdated..
    Last edited by haagen_dazs; 24th December 2005 at 11:18 AM.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Socket A for AMD

    there is this thing on high density and low density pc3200 memory.
    can someone enlighten me on this?
    thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •