Thread: viewing photos on cd on tv screen

Default viewing photos on cd on tv screen

hi my digital photos are all on cd and look fine when i view them on my computer screen but when i try to show them on my tv screen thru the dvd player they look awful!! am i missing some hardware or software? am thinking of getting a HD tv to improve image quality. will that help? thanks

Default Re: viewing photos on cd on tv screen

the TV interface cannot be compare with computer monitor thus the result.
    I dun think having a HDTV will help as it applies more to HD video, not photos.

My photos on DVD actually looks better on my CRT 29" TV than on my CRT computer (eMac).

Typically Plasma TVs, CRT TVs have a slightly lower resolution compared to computer monitors. If u are rich enuff u can juz go ahead and buy a HD TV or an LCD TV.

I typically don't like my photos to be viewed on TV screens since it doesn't do any justice to my photos.

Its either ppl view it thru their monitors or they dun view it. That's me.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

The other thing is that people don't normally colour-calibrate their TVs.

that's a v expensive way to view your photos on a HDTV

even with HDTV, i tink their native resolutions is at best 3 million pixels. they'll not do justice to ur pics.

if u really want, you might wanna consider a LCD/DLP projector that has XGA resolution...

Quote Originally Posted by gtan
    hi my digital photos are all on cd and look fine when i view them on my computer screen but when i try to show them on my tv screen thru the dvd player they look awful!! am i missing some hardware or software? am thinking of getting a HD tv to improve image quality. will that help? thanks