Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A DFS Experience

Default A DFS Experience

jus came back from outstation this evening... and as usual i went to buy some liqours from DFS... and as usual... no one serve me... i dun really mind... as i got a few passports wif me... ( my colleagues...) i get to buy more liquours.. so i got myself 3 cordeon bleu... upon reaching the cashier.. this dfs lady came to me.. oh lemme serve u... buy putting her damn "commission" card into my basket when she didnt even serve me...

oh well.. alright den.. let her earn tt few bucks.. an old man.. next to me.. prolly his first trip out of town asked tt lady.. hey can buy ciggies? she "yelled" at him so loud.. NO WAY.. GO OUT CAN BUY. COME IN CANNOT BUY. and everyone jus stared at the old man.. wah lau..
    canx she be more polite? i mean she was really rude... i got so pissed tt i threw away her commission card on the floor.. and tt means she got no commission!

kaoz... its the airport and u r facing a lot of foreigners.. how cud she do tt? she shd at least explain to the oldman mah!!! kaoz!!!
    Last edited by RuthBaby; 3rd December 2005 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: A DFS Experience

These are so called lao jiao...I have a friend whom had a short spell working at DFS....she always kena bullied in shift schedule and was assigned to the not so popular counter....the liquor and cigarates are all chope by more senior staffs and these are the things that they are good at

I rememeber when I came back from term breaks, I did lots of quickie shopping at DFS. Rush in grab all the booze on the shoppig list. Rush to the counter and pay.

ya notice tis too... she just slip this laminated card of hers on the bottle of liquor... anyway, they know nuts about any liquor... let alone promote them...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ya notice tis too... she just slip this laminated card of hers on the bottle of liquor... anyway, they know nuts about any liquor... let alone promote them...
    I concur, the last time, have to search for these ladies who seemed 'magneted' to foreigners to ask them if the have any 1/2 sized wines. Straight away says no, even though I knew that I have bought them before. I found them myself in the end!

sianz man. i think they look down on singaporeans... mst feedback to their upper management..

Nah... I dun usually shop at DFS since I rarely drink these days.

How's the taste of Ice Wine? I did heard it's quite good.

The elusive Sake juz can't be found on our local DFS though...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i wud recomend u desert wine...

Blog Entries

I also have the similar situation........really hate it because they dont even help us but in the end still have cheeck to slip in their cards .....

wondering how much they earn per transaction ?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    i got so pissed tt i threw away her commission card on the floor.. and tt means she got no commission!
    u should keep her card so that u can file a complain
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy
    I also have the similar situation........really hate it because they dont even help us but in the end still have cheeck to slip in their cards .....

wondering how much they earn per transaction ?
    i think there are others with similar situation..

me too.. but i bo chap them..

usually, i would walk one round see wat i wan.. if someone did bother to help me, then i help them.. otherwise, after deciding wat i get, i jus get a basket, put the things i wan and i go pay.. mostly by this time while walking or queueing towards cashier, they will come to u..

REALISTIC ...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

These are the people who really lack service standards. They deserve to lose their rice bowl.

We Shd Do Something Man.
    Maybe Say Eh.. U Didnt Serve Me Leh.. Why U Put This Card In? Lolz

I didn't know this sort of thing happens.

If she didn't serve me, why should she get commission? Should report to DFS management.

service at airport is very bad.
    In late september,while returning from a trip.
    I went to push a trolley,then an old uncle scolding 2 foreigner shouting "there got trolley cannot use meh!" in hokkien cause the trolley arranged quite messy.
    I wonder how they understand and the 2 foreigner was also bemused.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    How's the taste of Ice Wine? I did heard it's quite good.
    Don't know how to describe the taste but it taste real good.

Desert Wine.... Ice Wine....

Couple that with a good reunion dinner. I guess that would be nice. Thnx guyz! I'll take note of it for my next trip!

Anyway, back to topic, the service standards at DFS shops I thought was quite ok. But if u guys had taken midnight flights (ie, reach Changi Airport at 1am type), u'll notice that the ppl seem a lot slower than usual and they wun tend to smile as much.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

jus came back from outstation this evening... and as usual i went to buy some liqours from DFS... and as usual... no one serve me... i dun really mind... as i got a few passports wif me... ( my colleagues...) i get to buy more liquours.. so i got myself 3 cordeon bleu... upon reaching the cashier.. this dfs lady came to me.. oh lemme serve u... buy putting her damn "commission" card into my basket when she didnt even serve me...

oh well.. alright den.. let her earn tt few bucks.. an old man.. next to me.. prolly his first trip out of town asked tt lady.. hey can buy ciggies? she "yelled" at him so loud.. NO WAY.. GO OUT CAN BUY. COME IN CANNOT BUY. and everyone jus stared at the old man.. wah lau..
    canx she be more polite? i mean she was really rude... i got so pissed tt i threw away her commission card on the floor.. and tt means she got no commission!

kaoz... its the airport and u r facing a lot of foreigners.. how cud she do tt? she shd at least explain to the oldman mah!!! kaoz!!!
    yeah that's quite sad to hear. if i were the old man i'd probably speak to her boss.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

We Shd Do Something Man.
    Maybe Say Eh.. U Didnt Serve Me Leh.. Why U Put This Card In? Lolz
    actually look around, only about 2 sales lor... den i won't doubt the cashier if u din have a card, will not help them key in as well...

think we should ask instead, if we self service, can we have cash rebates?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoDog
    Don't know how to describe the taste but it taste real good.
    Do you know the diff. between Inniskillin's normal (2003), Gold Reserve (2004) and the Platium Reserve (2002) Icewine? I have 1 of the normal and the Platium and 2 gold. Thinking of getting more when I come back from China end of this month. May get 1 Rudy Reserve too. Is the Inniskillin's Rudy Reserve Icewine good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast