Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wana buy lens...=)

Default Re: Wana buy lens...=)

And also Mannual Exposure. Quite like it.

Anyway, I have tried the BR2A on the 50 1.8 before. Will the 1.4 version will work too? I think there will be vignetting, am I right?

somehow we always seanlim but still take time to answer his questions

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorite
    And also Mannual Exposure. Quite like it.

Anyway, I have tried the BR2A on the 50 1.8 before. Will the 1.4 version will work too? I think there will be vignetting, am I right?
    i haven't tried reversing the 50mm 1.4 before but i don't think there should be vignetting. the pictures in the following also doesn't show vignetting: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1316072

May I suggest the Sigma 50/2.8 Macro EX non-dg version. It can be had for less than 300. 90mm is a tad long for still life.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    somehow we always seanlim but still take time to answer his questions
    Ya lor ... Maybe it's because he's only 14

haha...thanks guys....seriously...thanks ...so sad...45 cm!!sianz

Hey, what sianz all... You get what you pay for. Why are you so obsessed with min. focussing dist? You've got to ask yourself this question before you ask us. Do you really need it for our purpose? Do you feel it is necessary?

If you want to shoot still life, get a specialized macro lens. I recommend the Nikkor Micro 60mm. Pin sharp. If you are more serious into product shots and stuff like that, try the PC Micro 85mm f/2.8D. You can control your perspective and depth of field (plane of focus) using the t/s feature.

Never look for superb lenses when you do not need them. One absurd eg-"I like the AF DC 135mm f/2D, wide aperture but actually I dun shoot portraits. The DC control fun to use." or "I bought the AF DX Fisheye 10.5mm f/2.8G ED because nice la.. I like seeing things like goldfish..."

That is total crap!

Now, playing with toys (lenses) is great when you have the cash. But if you are on budget, always take into acc. of what you need and not what you want.

And one more thing. Do not expect Nikkors to come cheap. Even the EX Sigmas arent THAT cheap. I know money is a big problem to all (pls dun rob a bank). But no choice, photography is expensive. Like me, cant afford some stuff.

And one more LAST LAST thing. Pls read up and get to know some stuff before you start questioning us. Or AT LEAST, question us in an organized manner.

Just in case you didnt know, I AM YOUR AGE TOO. -was that funny now?

.....actually ya...the minimum focusing range to me is v. impt...my my present kit lens, when i try to focus at a near dist,i cant and i do find that very irritating,frm far, it cant zoom in that much either...dosent really gt e effect....
    Flourite:
    nxt,when u say u r at my age, firstly i dont care, nxt whether u are trying to be funny or whateva,that staement is an EXTRA....this forum is kinda to share n ask....not lecture(i am not saying u did)

What effect do you want to get? Wide angle and close dist? Search the lens lineup for Nikon and Sigma and consider before bombing us.

Like I said if you are doing macro/close up work- Get a macro lens- Isn't that CS? (Cow-sense/ Common-sense)

yes its common sense...sth i hope u have...i would have definitely searched n looked into it b4 asking but the best way abt e product boils down to user comments...like whats good n whats not....many a times u learn, u ask not just ask rite?...it applies to all...if we will know every thing just by searching blah blah blah...this forum wont be here alrdy and neither will manny others

You do not understand my point. You need to at least know what are the choices you think you lean towards on the lens lineup, then provide reasons and discuss. And most of us here I believe, will be most happy to share with you. You should never come EMPTY then expect everyone to fill you up...

Anyway, nvmind about that.

So have you roughly have a picture of which lens is the one that suits you at this point of time?

erm lets see. im presently saving for a 50mm to start with cost abt 160? at CP....but also looking out for any 70-200mm lens or so range.

Hey Sean, might want to consider a 2nd hand 60mm?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=162202&page=2

Closing tomorrow at midnight.

Blog Entries

just what do you intend to shoot and at what magnification ratio?

Macro lenses can give you 1:1 and that is big already a butterfly at 1:1 will not fit into your frame.

minimum focusing distance is not what you are looking for, it should be magnification ratio.

if you do not need 1:1
    you can consider getting the sigma 70-300

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/len...03&navigator=3

it gives you 1:2

i suggest joining photoshoot outings and try this baby out.

it might be what you are looking for.

1. Cheap
    2. telephoto zoom
    3. 1:2 magnification

and if you still want a higher magnification ratio, you can always buy a close-up filter

Yes, the sigma 70-300 Macro is a good budget lens that produces results that are not so 'budget', if u know what I mean. I'm using it and, so far, no complaints yet

U get tele up to 300mm, u get 1:2 for macro, which is, I think, more than sufficient for ur interest in still life ... All for $320 from MS Color, or $220 - $240 2nd hand. U can really consider this

But the min focussing dist will be quite far with the 300mm. Angle of view is narrow which means you need a long object to lens dist. Difficult for product shots. Maybe more suitable for outdoor macro shooting.

yep..i quite liked this lens when i saw it......but whats the minimumm focus range?if its like 45cm,i have to stand real back.....hiaz....dilema

Just thinking out loud but personally, when i comes to macro, i still prefer my trusty Fuji S602Z. Nothing beats its 2 cm - 5 cm focusing range.

It's honestly not the equipment but how you use it.

Cheers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Same for my brother's Powershot A410. Cheap but good super macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Just thinking out loud but personally, when i comes to macro, i still prefer my trusty Fuji S602Z. Nothing beats its 2 cm - 5 cm focusing range.

It's honestly not the equipment but how you use it.

Cheers.
    yes i agree S602z is great for macro,1cm sia.
    Sean,how about selling your D50 for S602z?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast