Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Work for students waiting for 'O' level results

Default Discussion: Work for students waiting for 'O' level results

I have a couple of friends having huge problems looking for decent jobs right now.

Any of you had such problems when you left school after 'O' levels (that is, during December to March period)?

I am working as freelance graphic designer though, and looking to work part-time, but after hearing those comments from my friends, I am getting cold-feet.

Default Re: Discussion: Work for students waiting for 'O' level results

y cold feet leh?

anyway, during my time, after O levels, i went to take a crash course diploma (from Informatics) those pian jiak kind... heheh... anyway, my parents wanted me to do something instead of gaming 24/7 for those few months...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Oh haha. I am planning to get some real work arh, freelance web designing just isn't much experience, and I am almost dependent on regulars.

Anyway, my parents are not really particular over working, but I just felt indebted to do so.

aiya, seriously lor... no hurry to get into the job market when there is no need to, u still got like 40-50 years more of working to 'enjoy' lor...

if i can choose again hor, i might just accept some girls to fill up that empty gap that time... maybe u can go find a gf...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Oh haha, but the prospect of "extra allowance" kind of appeal to me as well.

Blog Entries

what do you mean by decent jobs?

Blog Entries

i'd say go out and experience all the industries that you are interested in.
    that way you can make a better decision in your further studies

Hmm, I went to JC during that period but loads of mc seldom went to class

u can try ur luck at most major shopping centres..

usually one shop or the other will hire some part/full timers as retail assistant etc.. just stand around e shop whole day etc lo..

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    u can try ur luck at most major shopping centres..

usually one shop or the other will hire some part/full timers as retail assistant etc.. just stand around e shop whole day etc lo..
    Most my friends who are looking for jobs on the retail side are saying they are having a hartd time to find jobs.

Decent as in stable pay and working hours; One of my female friend said she went to this MRT Station as instructed by the operator on phone, and was supposed to take their vehicle to somesort of factory. Instead more than 50 people turned up, and end up only 10 get into the vehicle for the interview.

In another word, she spent nearly 4 hours waiting and by the time she could leave, its around 6pm.

most of you guys will end up in poly or JC soon, how to get a stable job when there's only 1-2 months of work?

is it that hard? maybe different era..

but i still see a lot of shops in shopping centres putting up notices wanting to hire partimers... maybe ur frens should try asking more shops...

macdonalds etc seems to like to hire O grads too..

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    most of you guys will end up in poly or JC soon, how to get a stable job when there's only 1-2 months of work?
    Stable as in getting a pay and no fear for gimmicks or sort of sweet-looking texts on newspaper yet the work turned out another.

but i still see a lot of shops in shopping centres putting up notices wanting to hire partimers... maybe ur frens should try asking more shops...

Yeah, Macds are always there. I can say at least 50% of my ex-schoolmates are working for fastfood chains now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Yeah, Macds are always there. I can say at least 50% of my ex-schoolmates are working for fastfood chains now.
    well, haha, maybe ask the rest who are still having no luck to try KFC and e rest of the fastfood outlets..

sure can get one la... its just a few mths anyway.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Stable as in getting a pay and no fear for gimmicks or sort of sweet-looking texts on newspaper yet the work turned out another.
    i see. temporary/short term jobs depend alot on luck, if really can't find alternatives, like you said there's always fast food chain, but i second ortega's suggestion

ya lor... got so hard now?

last time during that 'period' i went to help a fren's company (IT) out... for fun lah... pay quite ok, den i went to another shop near there, the uncle ask me about my pay, i say secret, den he say, y not come work for me, i pay u double... i was like... huh? den i just politely decline... think now really abundance of ppl already...

anyway, i find current batch of 'students' overly pampered... den now the ah gong will start to count salt crystals... ok u are spared from that...

/me go continue count salt crystals...

well, haha, maybe ask the rest who are still having no luck to try KFC and e rest of the fastfood outlets..

sure can get one la... its just a few mths anyway.. hehe
    At least there are some who go in JC thru PAE, haha. I think I might just wait till after Christmas, hehe, before I start looking. Right now, maybe a little selfish to say this, but I think I want to enjoy a little. But if anyone want cheap labour, look for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

last time during that 'period' i went to help a fren's company (IT) out... for fun lah... pay quite ok, den i went to another shop near there, the uncle ask me about my pay, i say secret, den he say, y not come work for me, i pay u double... i was like... huh? den i just politely decline... think now really abundance of ppl already...

anyway, i find current batch of 'students' overly pampered... den now the ah gong will start to count salt crystals... ok u are spared from that...

Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

you lucky mah, i end up helping at a relative's shop, pay definitely not ok anyway i only had a month before school starts so buay sai hiam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast