Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got customer like diz..... can vomit blood...

Default Re: Got customer like diz..... can vomit blood...

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Just read this post of yours, whatever it is,

Keep this part to yourself, you are there to photograph the event, when you saw something, you may share your feeling here, but not to comment or make any remakes on your customers in the public forum.
    ok will do so in future..... but words come out of my mouth oredi in this case......... wont mention anymore about what i think of them

sorry, i m young but very much believe in talking and settling things mano-en-mano (man to man)

thanks for the advise bro

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    I guess your customers grew up in Kampongs and hence the gangster attitude. They may be poor and hence the 'kiam siap' attitude.
    sorry, i grew up poor too and that is no excuse. many of my friends in secondary school come from poor backgrounds but behave in a noble way

i borrowed money from my parents to buy my stuff and work and saved up thru my own sweat (eg jobs like this) to repay the loan

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Yo bro, poor and 'kiam siap' is one thing. Having agreed on the charges and don't pay is another.
    Ha, then it should be defined as 'Di Siao' or 'Di Gong' or simply, 'Gan'

Quite true. Not very noble on the client's part. We come across good clients and bad clients along the way. The important thing is how to deal with 'Chao Kuan' (lousy) clients in such a way so that you still get paid accordingly and yet will not smear your reputation. It's just like photography, an ART!

Ha, then it should be defined as 'Di Siao' or 'Di Gong' or simply, 'Gan'
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    ok will do so in future..... but words come out of my mouth oredi in this case......... wont mention anymore about what i think of them

sorry, i m young but very much believe in talking and settling things mano-en-mano (man to man)

thanks for the advise bro
    No problem, just to let you know, I shoot wedding for living, to write everything in b/w is only for shows, if some one really want to cheat you, will not hack care about what b/w, at that time do you think really worth the effort to persude the issue all the way? in the end you win the case but gain nothing.

So, make them pay first, shoot later, unless you want to take the risk.

Just like what Tom Cruise said over the phone in an old movie:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Yo bro, poor and 'kiam siap' is one thing. Having agreed on the charges and don't pay is another.
    Ya.. different man.. plus. .i feel nothing to do with live in kampong or where , but more to do with their trying to eat ppl attitude ..

They may be poor and hence the 'kiam siap' attitude.
    Actually to the contrary....... i have shot 2 malay weddings before in Bedok and Tampines. At one, the groom was a despatch rider and the wife an admin clerk. At another, the groom helps in family hawker stall at Geylang Serai selling mee rebus, longtong etc etc .

i can see that they are not rich people BUT I really RESPECT them the way they treat their friends and relatives and even tho the events were under HDB void deck, u could feel their kindness. Funny thing is.... if they like, they WILL pay without bargaining much

i can see that they are not rich people BUT I really RESPECT them the way they treat their friends and relatives and even tho the events were under HDB void deck, u could feel their kindness. Funny thing is.... if they like, they WILL pay without bargaining much
    Pai say , maybe OT abit, but i work at Raffle place area.. when there are free gifts to be given around here.. u will see all those ppl pushing and squeezing jus to get a pack of Fresh fruit tree drink..

and my guess is, they are not poor at all lo.. sometimes also

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Throw the photos away. Don't return them. Don't bother. $ & payment is not the issue now, the issue is that you've been threatened, looked down and judged as unprofessional, your dignity is insulted and your professionalism degraded.

Throw the photos away, don't bother with them.

So by throwing away the photos will make you look professional?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    So by throwing away the photos will make you look professional?
    trying to act like one maybe, trying.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    Just like what Tom Cruise said over the phone in an old movie:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!
    They kept repeating this in TVmobile, so irritating.

i like to thank everyone for the very sensible advise and suggestions. I have picked up very good advise from all the senior bros here in CS

Transferred the images over to PC dis morning and burned 2 sets of images........ 1 in full resolution for enlargements and the other in sized down dimension for them to email to friends and relatives and to allow them to put a quick slideshow together with smaller file sizes.

I also threw in some Unsharp Mask, simple border lines, kicked up the contrast and brightness a little, made a nice CD sticker and created a simple CDcover ROM theme photo with titles. Now just waiting for $$$ to be transferred to posbank b4 i mail out the CD

The important thing here is to learn your lesson.

i know, in certain areas i can learn to be more mature like not to be rash about certain actions .........anyway the images were already backed up much much earlier before i reformatted my CF card. That is one fault of mine, to grab ANYTHING near me and use it as a vent or release of my frustration

the typical stereotype about us shorties being very passionate, very fierce chili padi applies to me heh heh heh.
    In any job where you have to deal with people, you have to keep your temper, frustration and even your passion in check. Think what would have happen if at that point in time you were not able to leave ie: half way through the day, etc.

Hope you don't mind a little friendly advise.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    trying to act like one maybe, trying.
    can try one meh?

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I do not do commercial photography like weddings. But in my work we get these types too!

My suggestion to you is that for future engagements, put everything in writing, and signed.

That protects you as well as the other party.

you mean your patient's family wants to reduce your fees after you cut the patient open?

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    you mean your patient's family wants to reduce your fees after you cut the patient open?

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Actually to the contrary....... i have shot 2 malay weddings before in Bedok and Tampines. At one, the groom was a despatch rider and the wife an admin clerk. At another, the groom helps in family hawker stall at Geylang Serai selling mee rebus, longtong etc etc .

I love Malay couples the most! I have enjoyed all my shoots with them! They do not bargain and appreicate my work. Everyone makes an effort to feed me whenever possible!

very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    I love Malay couples the most! I have enjoyed all my shoots with them! They do not bargain and appreicate my work. Everyone makes an effort to feed me whenever possible!

This one I agree, I shot only 2 malay weddings so far, but both couple are very generously although they are not the rich kind. They always ask you to rest and eat! I remember the last couple, because I keep shooting, no chance to eat, at the end of the day, they "Da Bao" the food and ask me to bring home and eat! The best part is...after I deliver the CDs to them(they tried to save money, so want to print on their own), they give me a $100 Ang Bao! plus the fee!

Chinese couples I encountered are mostly hardcore bargain hunters...Maybe its in our blood..ha ha...

pengz

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast